Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that it's important to remember that people with the same disability often don't require the same accomodation.

Physical disabilities are really varied. It is important to reference the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as well as the Americans with Disabilities act when determining what course of action to assist the student.

There are laws protecting the rights of those with disabilities so we must ensure we are accommodating the disability.

Accommodations can be made for people with physical disabilities that can help them navigate around and learn in the classroom.

I have learned about several different physical disabilities and how to accomodate them.

An individual with a physical disability may require individualized accommodations to ensure they are able to engage in learning.  

This lecture explained  difference between "deaf" and "Deaf". I will be sure to read each accommodation in detail to ensure I am following it appropriately in my classroom. 

There are several physical disabilities that may require accommodations or modifications in the classroom

I learned that people tend to see the disability of the student and not the student. I learned the term hard of hearing means someone who has some type of hearing issue. 

There are many types of disabilities.

Having accommodations for students is important to allowing them to learn 

Sign In to comment