Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are so many typesof learnig disabilities that I was not aware of. It is important to encourage students with these disabilities to be honest about them so that thye can get te accomodation that will help them perform well.

In this module, I’ve understood how to Identify disabilities and how to categorize them. Having awareness and a general understanding of the many disabilities that my students may have, will allow me to become a better overall educator.

I have learned how to identify  different types disabilities and how every student is unique in there own way of learning.

I am looking forward to reading about how teachers can help students who have these learning disabilities.  

This was a great unit full of good information to help teachers better serve our students. The care and understanding that goes along with different dissabilities are addressed and brought to light. 

There are a lot more learning disabilities then I realize and effect more people that go untreated. 

So many adults are considered to have learning abilities, it is important to note that not all are diagnosed in grade school or secondary school.

There are many forms of learning disabilities. It is very helpful if the student is already familiar with accommodations, this will keep the instructor from having to DISCOVER what is needed for the student to be successful  

It is important that those involved with a student use their observational skills to develop a profile of the learning challenges that students with learning disabilities are experiencing.

Didn't realize that there was that many disabilities.

I was really interested in the section where it talks about screen time at a young age possibly causing some learning delays and struggles in areas. I agree with the section about having patience with these students and trying to understand what they are going through in their learning process, because it's different than ours. Keeping them relaxed and focused is a big key. And if they fill comfortable to ask questions in the space that's great.

There are so many ways the brain can present differences in processing, attention, memory, and behavior. It's important for instructors to be aware of what students are going through so they are given the right accommodations and supports. 

I did not realize the many different learning disabilities. Many students have these behaviors that have not been diagnosed.

This section was ALOT, but very informative. I guess the biggest takeaway for me is really talking to my IEP expert about students that show symptoms but are not diagnosed. Alot of the learning disabilities they discussed I notice with failing and disruptive students and are probably just unaddressed, and I definitely don't want to fall into the "oh well" trap that can happen with students like that just because they can frustrate you. Getting them tested/diagnosed and getting an understanding about a potential learning disability can make all the difference.

I really enjoyed this portion. It gave me new insight to my students that have challenges in learning. 

I am learning so much good information about learning disabilities. I wish I would have learned this earlier in my teaching career. 

I learned the the signs a student can display if they have a learning disability. I can use this in my class setting by recognizing the signs to look for. 

It is helpful to be more aware of the variety of learning disabilities. I am hoping to receive some suggestions for concrete steps I can to support students who may have learning disabilities. 

I wish I would have known earlier in life about this I may not have struggled so much in school. 

It's important to research and understand the learning disabilities of your students so that you can better understand them and their needs.

Sign In to comment