Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be aware of the multiple intelligences that lie within each of us. This can be helpful for making decisions by combining it with common sense and data

Creativity is often, it not almost always a crucial aspect of critical thinking.  

Gained an appreciation of different types of intelligences and how they can work together to facilitate more well-rounded learning/problem solving abilities. 

Critical thinking and creative problem-solving are equally important to the learning process. Moreover, the analysis involved in utilizing the combination helps deliver more suitable and pragmatic solutions. 

Reflective thoughts are essential in the critical thinking process.

Involving creativity is valuable as well, in this process. It allows students to trust in their own judgements and think outside the box. 

It was interesting to see how IQ came into being, and the formulation of the score.

Learning about different kinds of intelligence is a great way to analyze how a students personality may benefit from a certain kind of teaching style. Also  introducing reflective thinking into our coursework should be greatly beneficial to our students.

As a high school teacher, I have had the different "learning styles" engrained into my brain over and over again, but I haven't been explicitly taught the importance of the different types of intelligences. Knowing these is arguably more important than knowing the learning styles, because the types of intelligences can indirectly allow the instructor to teach in multiple modalities, to multiple learners, meet multiple needs, etc. 

Creative problem solving through analytical thinking involves using logical, systematic, and structured approaches to identify and solve complex problems, while also encouraging innovative and creative thinking. Analytical thinking involves breaking down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts, and systematically analyzing each part to identify potential solutions. This approach requires a strong understanding of the problem, as well as the ability to analyze data, identify patterns and relationships, and use logic and reasoning to evaluate different options.

At the same time, creative problem solving involves thinking outside the box and exploring new and innovative solutions to complex problems. This approach requires the ability to generate new ideas, think creatively, and challenge conventional thinking. By combining analytical thinking with creative problem solving, individuals can develop a more comprehensive understanding of complex problems, while also generating innovative and effective solutions that may not be immediately apparent using traditional problem-solving methods.

To effectively apply creative problem solving through analytical thinking, individuals should focus on developing their critical thinking skills, which involves the ability to analyze complex problems, evaluate evidence, and make well-reasoned decisions. They should also be willing to challenge assumptions and conventional thinking, and be open to exploring new and innovative solutions to complex problems. By developing these skills, individuals can become more effective problem solvers, and can achieve greater success in both their personal and professional lives.

Dr. A

The overall crux of critical thinking is, "It's not how smart you are but how you are smart."

Taking the concept of multiple types of intelligence and acknowledging that everyone has a blend of these types of intelligences was presented in a clear and concise manner that I really appreciate. I understood this concept previously but applied it to my classes as individual learning methods or techniques and I would actually asked my students to work on discovering their own personal methods. However, the cogent fashion in which it was presented here, in application to developing critical thinking will alter the manner in which I have these conversations with my students.

Very interesting how we can all look at problem from different angles and break it down. And also we can all come up with different answers as well.

Intelligence is being able to learn to/from, understand, critically/creatively think to response to/handle/interact with one's environment.  As an instructor, I need to be aware how interactive and effective the learning materials are for students, whether students are internalizing the contents or struggling and how to support them etc. 

Not every approach to a problem will be the same and different methods at arriving at an answer should not be judged as we all have different intelligences and skills.  It would also be useful to have a greater understanding of different students' intelligences so they could be grouped together for projects or assignments and to complement differing problem solving abilities.

Intelligence comes in many forms and so the best teachers must play in the middle to compensate for the variety of intelligences. For example, if one is too heavily focused on logical-mathematical, they can be missing out on aiding those students who excel in other forms of intelligence.

I liked the saying: "It's not about how smart you are but how you are smart." It's important for learners to know how to figure things out and it's not just about the end goal.

Reflective thinking is required in critical thinking.

There are many different types of intelligence and we should embrace them all.

Reflective thought in its most simple form is stepping back, pausing, and trying to observe all that can be observed about the situation

Sign In to comment