Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I make sure the student is given an atomsphere to succeed. Preoaring the proper training aids in the class. Making sure every student is comfortable with thier enviorment. This allow them to be outgoing. Not afraid tp ask questions and enjoy themeselves at the same time

Hi James:
Good preparation including thinking about your class from the students perspective is a good strategy. Sounds like a great learning environment.

Regards, Barry

Arriving early and preparing the day with hand outs, lab requirements, lab paperwork or lecture materials keeps my students aware and interested.

Well, I look at my surroundings and set up the classroom to get the best view of the board and the training aids, then as I begin to teach, orchestrate, my class with questions and moving around the classroom.

Hi Rich:
Good plan - prepared and organized!

Regards, Barry

Hi Anthony:
Motion is a good motivator - I like that. Sounds like you've got it together.

Regards, Barry

My focus in any course that I teach is keeping the entire class and lab experience fun,organized and interesting, while maintaining continuos learning environment. I also do all that I can to make sure that all students are as comfortable as possible.
In the class I try to keep it clean and organized and try to keep the entire class involved and participating in all activities.
The first day of class is very important. Things are organized and accessible to the students. They are allowed to pick their own seats to better help them be comfortable. Any handout materials are printed the day before the lesson ahead, so they are on hand when needed. I also give in class demonstrations of sections that have related training aids in the class room. I will cover operation, theories and diagnosis for all systems.

Hi Dennis:
Good points, Dennis. I agree that what one does on the first day is very important as it sets the tone and expectatations for the remainder of the class. This day doesn't have to be extremely rigid and full of rules, but expeactations should be given. In fact, the more interesting the day can be, the more enthusiastic the students will on day two and forward.

Regards, Barry

I look at what kind of experience I want my students to have during our time together. This can be challenging, since I have not met them, so I have to be prepared to be flexible as the situation demands. I try to set up the classroom to make it as comfortable and conducive to learning as I can, but I really try to put emphasis on my preparation for the class presentations. i try to put on a good show, to help get them excited and to stay interested in what we are doing. I try to make the expereince interactive, as well as timely, so I will have them look things up during class and I will discuss current events that will affect them in their professional lives. it means that I will have to do a lot of research as teh class progresses, but it really engages the students and I get a lot of buy in. I have to be careful though, and make sure that the information that we are discussing is relevant, as well as valid or things can go very badly during our discussion.
It is also a good idea to rehearse your delivery. It can feel silly to perform your delivery out loud to yourself, but it can help to show timing, show areas where you can insert activities, it can show where you need to emphasize certain information with things like voice inflection. At minimum you should be performing your delivery in your head at least once before you actually attempt to deliver it to the class.

Hi Jason:
Great! Excited and interested - a real key to motivation. Interactive and timely - one of the best ways to help students learn. And rehearsal - a very key step to excellent performances.

Regards, Barry

Preparation is the key to starting the class off on the right foot. I have a plan of what I need as far as materials are concerned, training aids, and material I will be using in lecture. I also arrive early and make sure everything is printed and operational. I also review the material that I will be covering that day. It is also very important to me that I have a plan “B”. You will never know when you are going to need it.

Hi Leonardo:
Good preparation. Arriving early assists if something isn't going as planned (time for for you Plan-B).

Regards, Barry

From a physical stand point in the classroom for the students to move about since some of our training aids are not small. The materials are what the students will be learning in the the course. In a logical order the course will be presented.

Hi Dean:
These "tools" all have their place. Organizing the resources so that they are sequentially presented and accessible in an order that fits the course objectives.

Regards, Barry

I like to prepare in reverse order;i.e.,i make sure the training aids and equipment is ready and available (this is what the student will see/use )last, Go over the curricullum and presentation, make sure all my books and hand outs are there and ready to pass out, then I make sure I am ready for what the day has to offer, then it's "good afternoon class!"

Hi James:
Interesting idea. Good plan. Prepared and ready.

Regards, Barry

My preparation to conduct my educational orchestra begins 1 week before the class is scheduled to start. I make copies of all the hand-outs I plan on using during the course that week. I make 30 copies each based on the max class capacity and I use binder clips to hold each group together. They are then stored in a box arranged in order of when they will be handed out with the first group at the top down to the last based on the schedule I have prepared for the course.

I prepare my seating chart for my class the Friday before the start date along with tent cards with the student’s names who will be attending. I like to get to work at least an hour before class starts each day in order to prepare the classroom and lab area. Beginning on the first day of class all handouts are placed at each student’s seat location (syllabus, schedule, name card, or lab assignments, etc.) before class begins. I write the class objectives along with lab assignments on the white board.

Any programs on the PC that I will be using that day I have already open and minimized and I have my instructor side notes open to be able to refer to it for supplemental information to share if needed. I also try to make the classroom as neat and orderly as possible and all class hardware (pens, markers, and highlighters) are ready and in there proper location.

Hi Michael:
Really good format. Students and instructor all prepared, comfortable, resources ready to go.

Regards, Barry

Getting to class early to prepare for the day is key.Getting the training aids ready,and set,then reviewing the days schedule helps keep me organized.At times,I will make a little timetable for my desk to stay on track so I know how much time I can spend here or there.

Hi Peter:
Absolutely, the more prepared and ready to deliver the daily topics the instructor is the more seamless and thorough the class is likely to be.

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment