Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I spend most of the first day getting to know a little about each student and why there are here at this point in there lives.during the second day it is teaching as usual unless there are any sustantial findings on the first day.Even if there is you accomodate most of the needs as best as you can.You can't fix everything,even though we would like to.

Hi Michael:
Good plan. Sounds like you care and are interested in your students doing well.

Regards, Barry

I have all my handouts ready before class for that day. I also put what is due on the white board in writing with lab numbers so they know what has to be turned in and when it is due.My classroom is my lab so i do my very best to have it looking nice so when visitors to come by it is as neat as possible. At the end of the day i make sure the computers are in order for the next class.

Audie toney
TTL 35
Avondale Az.

Hi Audie:
Good plans. These actions put into play should produce a very good learning environment!

Regards, Barry

I aways have butterflyes the first day of a new phase. I want to make a good first impression so I make every effert to have all my ducks in a row.

Hi Bob:
Getting the butterflys is probably a human traint most can't escape. Yet, if we get our materials ready, get prepared for the course content, line up resources needed, and make sure the class is geared up for an exciting class, most fears about starting that new phase should be minimized. I thing if we anticipate the first day will go well, and take measures to prepare for it, it'll probably go as planned.

Reggards, Barry

I try to have all the show and tell items laid out,all the handouts printed, a date and day planner listed on the board so they can see today's objectives and the date. I also fill out a seating diagram with their names so I can call them by name and learn the names quickly.

Hi Joseph:

The best idea when selecting course material is to employ as many teaching styles as we can in order to address as many learning styles as possible. Selecting material and presenting it in a visual, audio, and kinesthetic way is considered the most efficient method of delivery.

Regards, Barry

I like to arrive to work early to prepare my classroom. I have all my printed material ready for the students. I use a variety of delivery methods that will accomadate each learner.

Hi Dave:
Wonderful! This kind of preparation and your organized approach demonstrates to students your ready, you care about teaching them, anad your available to help them. They can see that some degree of effort went into the lesson and most will view this as what a professional role model you're portraying!

Regards, Barry

I really liked the description of an Educational Orchestra. I enjoy class best when every student participates.
I always review subject material prior to class, even if it is, for example, a chapter I have covered previously. I do my best to have all quizzes, exams, and lectures prepared at least a week in advance; that way, I have time to adjust accordingly. I absolutely have to have planning in place, though I find it equally important to be flexible and to make changes when necessary.

Hi Emily,
"Conducting" yourself and your planning practices will assure your students get the most from their time spent in your classroom.

Barry Westling

Sign In to comment