Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

i come in early to set up the days activities.prep for lecture and add ons,hand outs and my attitude.ready,set,Go.

Like others have stated, having all hand-outs, quizes and other information prepared ahead of class is crucial to keep things flowing. Sometimes it just takes the slightest slip up of not having one hand-out ready to ruin the entire lesson. In addition, the process is always evolving. I try to approach the material by putting myself in the shoes of the student. "How would I feel if I had to listen to myself teach for six hours." That by itself is enough to inspire me to put a lot of effort in preparation.

Hi Richard:
It's true. Sometimes it doesn't take much to get off track, and that can spoil a whole bunch of well prepared lesson nuggets.

Addid that variety and breaking up the material to presented by different media or methods can also help keep the material fresh and current.

Regards, Barry

Hi Timothy:
Your effort towards being as prepared as possible will pay off in the form of your students performance and learning!

Regards, Barry

How I prepare my Educational orchestra is having my class events on the white board daily, oganized review activities.My training aids help reflect the covered material to associate covered material with a visual to the discussion.

Hi Louis:
You do like many good instructors do. Each step adds a bit more completeness to present a sense that an organized class is about to begin!

Regards, Barry

My style is to be early and as prepared as I possibly can be in the classroom as well as in the lab area. I am a firm believer that the early bird not only gets the worm but he or she gets the choice of worms and if there is a problem in getting the worms you have time to make adjustments. There is no perfect plan so one must monitor his or her plan and make adjustments as necessary if you want to be successful. You can not do it if you are constantly running behind. I like my class room to be homey and look professional, this requires time and effort if one wants to be a successful instructor and his or her class get the most out of the course experience.

Hi Errol:
You are wise to realize that even with the best efforts to plan ahead, something can always go awry. Good suggestions!

Regards, Barry

Being ready to give what the student has come to class for is one of the most important items.Some may feel they will have all the answers when completed so giving them a positve view that maybe not knowning everthing isn't as important as where to find the corect answers.One other item would be to find what the student is wanting to get from this course and what he feels might be helpful for him or her.

Hi Thomas:
I think partly what your describing has to do with the students motivation. So framed this way, an instructor can think in terms of how can I ahieve outstanding studfent learning outcomes given the level of motivation a students appears to demonstrate.

Regards, Barry

A big part of my "Educational Orchestra" is the U style setting in the class room that encourages students to have direct connection with the instructor. As I move inside the U I get up close and personal with the students and make each one feel that I'm concerned with their learning and getting their feedback.
One way I like to prepare is to write good questions to quiz the students with as we progress through the material.

Hi Tom:
This room configuration is tremendously more valuable than the standard classroom set-up. It makes for a much more intimate setting and I think inhances the learning process. Also, students can all see each other and interact more effectively as well.

Regards, Barry

I like to make any copies or hand outs the day before for the next day. Than that morning I’ll set up lab and/or demos, and look over that day’s material and write a brief overview of the days schedule on the board so every one can see what the day is going to be about. Than when time will allow I take some time to have a cup of coffee focus myself and get my game face on. If I’m ready mentally than the day goes smoother and the students are more relaxed, but if I’m scattered and not focused completely on what’s happening in class then the students are not engaged and the day becomes very unproductive.

Hi Salvatore:
I get the sense you like to get yourself prepared as well as getting your class resources prepared. That's a good thing. Students will sense when you are giving your best.

Regards, Barry

I get to class early & make sure I get my hand outs done & that I have enough for the class. Also make sure the class room is set up with enough chairs, tables are clean, the computers are working, & the objectives are on the board for the students. Have a smile on my face when they walk into the room to put them at ease.

Hi Adam:
Great. That little bit of extra time is going to make a difference once class starts. And if you uncover problems, you might have time beforehand to get something working or acquire a replacement.

Regards, Barry

I have the class room set up be fore class starts, books and hand outs are at every chair seating chart is on the white board so when students come in they get the feeling that this a professional environment , I will greet them at the door and thank them for coming I.

I get to the classroom early every day, especially the first day. It's important for the room to be organized, and the instructor to be prepared.

I start off with making sure all handouts and materials are made. Then I make sure I give an overview of lecture and make sure training aids are available so students can understand lecture before accomplishing the lab tasks.

Hi Kenneth:
Hey, greeting at the door - that's great! I do that too. I also, open the door when the class is dismissed and shake hands and add a "have a nice day" kind of comment. That personal touch keeps everyone on an even keel and even playing field kind of interpersonal relating (i.e., I may be you teacher, but no one is better as individuals than the next guy).

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment