Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

La fotografía de los estudiantes y tutor es importantes en una clase en línea.

Considero que la clase se hace menos impersonal.

factores que mejoran la retención

indudablemente que todas las personas queremos permanecer en aquel lugar donde nos valoran como individuos, nos entienden nuestras necesidades y limitaciones y nos apoyan para poder mantenernos dentro de un proceso, en este caso se trata del proceso enseñanza - aprendizaje,  en linea.

Todos los estudiantes están esperando equipos de atención personalizada en el menor tiempo posible, por esa razón es de vital importancia que ademas de las herramientas tecnológicas adecuadas, se tenga personal altamente capacitado tanto en el area docente como de soporte administrativo que sea sensible a las necesidades de cada estudiante.

How can the response time and quality of the responses raised by the students be improved? Are there any standards or criteria to consider in order to implement it as a regulation?

I feel that this is one of the aspects in which the timely and effective response must be worked on, it can be one of the fundamental factors to improve the level of retention in our classes.

Do you know Methods or techniques to Fragment content and activities in an online course we can use

Do you know of any method or technique that is useful for the fragmentation of content and activities, I have thought of fragmentation by study topics, I do not know if any of you have used any other method that I can share

type of people

What about the dark learners we get some that are not nice people and are conniving.really bad attiutes . generally victoms all the time.

Can wikis and blogs be used as media hosting sites?

I understand that wikis and blogs can be used to host media sites but then my question goes to... How to collect for the course as far as compensation goes.  Once paid how do I get the student lined up to begin the course?  

Planning for Engagement

I think a hurdle to planning for active engagmentrelates to using LMS and having modules for courses Some instructors do not know they can (and should) alter assignments to meet student needs and to set up lessons for increased engagment. I am enjoying this course so far and look forward to learning more 

Assistive Technology Question

I don't understand what this means with the EL 111 Assistive Technology, "

• Use preset “Styles” for marking up headers and lists. Just bolding a phrase does not make it accessible.

First, I am not sure what is meant by preset "styles"?

and then of course, what am I marking up within the headers and lists? I guess I am not sure of the verbiage.

Gail

Business students may follow Donald Trump,

"Business students may follow Donald Trump." What is being insinuated in a a comment like this?

That business students can learn NOT to cheat and lie? Or does it mean something else altogether?

Do you learn by teaching others

I am always amazed at just how much I learn from my students. My area of specialty id Nephrology Nursing. Therefore, when I have students in many disciplines within our profession, it intrigues me just how different yet similar our profession can be. Loved to hear your thoughts as well.

Cheryl

Discussion

This has been a very informative section that will enhance my classes and allow more student participation.

social media

how to avoid unwanted distractions?

Hi

What would you like to know?

duos

creating duos or three somes to tie together ideas from a lecture (10 min huddle) with 3 min to present to rest of group can often bring into play different uses of the information.

Technology Plays Role in online Educationa Programs

Technology plays a critical role in creating an engaging online student experience. In particular, technology influences one’s ability to adequately interact with students and be responsive to their needs. With the proper systems in place, institutions will be better equipped to meet online students’ needs and support retention efforts.

Student retention is indeed an important fact and it helps the school to provide that student with the online technology in order to be successful in obtaining the educational goal they want to acomplish. Online technology helps to prepare them to obtain the job they desire after successful completion of the… >>>

Introverts

Introverts are often defined negatively: "shy, socially withdrawn, and tend to talk less." I belive this is the case because extroversion is idealized by American culture. What could be positive attributes of introverts? For example, they might be "socially withdrawn" in some situations but thrive in smaller social groups.

Question

Question styles 

It seems to me that  a number of questions have two possible answers and that both would besupportive. Thetheory is interesting. 

Guidelines

1. Students, parents, and teachers will identify the students by their first names only. (If a parent comments, it should read “amber’s dad” instead of “Brad Moore”).
  2. Keep personal information private, such as your last name, phone number, and where you live.
  3. Respectful comments are allowed.
  4. Proof-read comments are allowed.
  5. Use complete sentences with appropriate grammar. (“Text talk” does not qualify).
  6. All comments submitted must have teacher approval first.
  7. Try to write comments that continue the conversation. (Click here for helpful hints).
  8. Try to find comments you agree with or made an impact on you, then add to the discussion.

Why would you think that Oral Hygiene is important?

I would like to hear a few important points why you feel that Oral Hygiene would be important to you.

Ideas to increase and ensure high levels of student engagement

A few ideas that I suggest woulde be provide timely and useful feedback, have guest speakers join your class on Zoom, provide active learning opportunities. have students express their own personal exprience related to the topic and share with peers. I also would give a 5-10 minute break not one that is to long.