Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Isabella, does the school encourage adjunct instructors to get involved with these activities? Are they part of your job description? If so, are you compensated for the effort?

Robert, virtually every school does. Is there anything that makes yours stand out?

Yes, we train students on actual vehicles. The student's safety is our main priority.

One way we are commited to helping our students is we offer tutoring to all students, but in addition to that we closely moitor all students progress through each course and if a student is on track at any time in the course to NOT succede in the course we make a strong suggestion to the student to use the tutoring that is available.

We have student appreciation day. Our campas brings in fun thing to do with the students and insturtors. Like music, food, moon bounce, water balloons, special speaker, dragsters & funny cars.

Fedele, how often do you encounter students who are in danger and what percentage actually take advantage of the tutoring?

Paul, sounds like fun. How often do you have these events? Are the students involved in planning them? Does everyone participate?

Our campus is committed to our students. We all help our students with getting jobs and repair their vehicles, to housing. We also show them appreciation for their commitment to education.

With our Institution being a Tradesman school, we have to be committed not only as a school but as a instructor. The field of work that we do is sometimes dangerous and we have to commit to make sure that we are secure enough to send these students into that hostile environment in safe manner and with the knowledge of the field work. If not then someone could get severely hurt if not then killed.

We have them once a year and we have a student committy that helps organize the event. Our staff volunteers to help were help is needed. It is a great time.

How do you show them appreciation for their commitment to education, Paul?

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but, on the first day of every phase I tell my students about myself and my journey through automotive field. I also let them know that thier commitment now will/should help them get along faster. I think they need to know that and it will help them stay committed to education.

I can not speak for the campus as a whole because I do not have that data, but I would esimate from my own personal experience with the students that about one student every other three week rotation is in danger of failing and requires early intervention to help them succeed. Usually when it is brought to thier attention that they are not going to pass without tutoring they all use the tutoring.

Paul, do you get questions about your journey from the students? Do you remind them of this message at other points during the academic period?

I get some questions sometimes, not too often. I do use stories from my experiences when instructing. I think it helps get the point acrossed better.

We have competitions with other schools throughout various states. Our students are constantly involved in hand-on labs. For example, the Chefs allow the students to prepare various food buffet and serve it throughout the school.

We allow students that are enrolled in medical problems a chance to attend clinicals and participate in skills lab scenarios that is setup like a live hospital.

At our institution we monitor the student's grades, attendance, and participation very closely. If we see lower grades, etc. as a trend we will document a request for mandatory tutoring. This has to be signed by the student and the program advisor.

To add on I don't think they drive. They go and help out in pit or flag man. Gets the students real world.

Students must look forward to this opportunity. Do you charge for those that eat the buffet?

Sign In to comment