Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Preparing for your Career Event | Origin: CS114

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Developing Effective Job and Career Fairs for Students --> Preparing for your Career Event

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I learned that it's very important in highlighting the positive aspects of a hiring event to potential employers. 

I like the idea of a virtual event which would allow students an opportunity to have more direct contact with employers and the could select more beneficial meetings with students. 

I learned how to prepare students for a job fair.

Coordination and communication between employers and campus is important for things to run smoothly. This includes information gathering on both sides, activity preparation (resume workshops, etc.), and other element your campus might need for a successful event.

Elevator speech always important

I really appreciate the guidance of hosting several mini workshops for students before hosting a career fair of any kind. When students speak with employers, they are representing the college itself. We must be able to adequately equip our students with the tools they need for a successful event on all fronts. 

Proper preperation is vital to ensuring the success of a hiring event. 

The value in and importance of campuswide messaging and communication(s).

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities