Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Planning Your Career Event | Origin: CS114

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Developing Effective Job and Career Fairs for Students --> Planning Your Career Event

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I learned that the followiing are very important for planning a succesful event:

1. Creating a budget for your event

2. Starting early and utilizing data

3. Utilizing the right tools 

4. Paying attention to details 

5. Conduct reserach and get quotes 

I was amazed to see that social media plays a role in the success of a career fair.  Not being a user of these platforms indicates I might want to look into them more because of their benefits of an event like this. 

I I learned so many wonderful ideas and how to prepare budget and Market for the event.

Planning months in advance can avoid most if not all issues later on. It allows you to figure out budgeting needs, marketing plans, staffing needs, and other important needs for the event.

Social media can be a valuable tool when promoting a career event. 

Social media portion was very helpful. 

I really appreciated the breakdown and templates of how to prepare a budget and the methods of information distribution about the event. I had never heard the marketing techniques that were shared about when to send out the poster vs flyer vs text, etc. I appreciate the specifics of this course!

Planning for a career services event is critical for it's success.

Collectively, I have learned that planning career events should be strategically well thought out and planned. All aspects of the students/employers experience and exposure should be considered and prepared for. 

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities