Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that applying a workflow process can improve the consistency of documentation while reducing errors. 

Compliance is a big factor! Organizing data & triple checking data is a great way to make sure that everything is ready for verification. 

Learn about employment verification. 

Communication and establishing expectations. 

Incorporate revisions, proofreading and revise documentation accordingly.  Pay close attention to details and ensure document follows a consistent layout.

Even a good process needs to be evaluated and could perhaps be made even stronger. And P. S. there are always going to be mistakes. Get over it.

Having partnerships and good communication will reduce errors when documenting data. Showing care and holding students accountable will aid in the process of being successful.  It's also important to keep checks and balances in place when it comes to data and record keeping.

Having a workflow practice in place allows you to strive for perfection though it is not obtainable. Having a strategy vs. just winging it will help the students and the university in the immediate and long term. 

I learned about the different methods of verifying employment and the importance of properly verifying employment.

Self Review, Peer Review, Final Review. 

Having other eyes on the data will minimize errors when dealing with critical data.

Reporting graduate employment can be a matter of compliance with the institution. Establishing standard operating procedures will eliminate errors that occur in the documentation process. 

I have learned to be proactive with the students I am responsible for, and to make sure our employment verification processes are as tight and complete as possible.  Also, if there is a question about whether or not a student is "placed" the decision should not be made by a single individual.  Continuous improvement is key.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities