Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned that while surveys are easy to administer; they are the least reliable way of collecting data.

One must clearly understand the definition of 'placement' and the collecting of data to prove placement must be accurate and precise. Although there are many ways to collect data, all the data collected in each way must be carefully examined for accuracies.

In my position, I rely mainly on interview. I personally acquire the confirmation, then submit that placement information to our 3rd party verifier. Having well defined terms and standards, follwing our acredeting organization's guidelines. In my experieince, gather the information can be extremely challenging. I must adapt to each situation. Sometimes, it is the student that will not cooperate sometimes it's the slugish response of big corporations and their sheer size that encumbers the process.

I have found that I need to hone my interviewing skills. A steady barrage of positive reenforcement, I must majntain an high level of credibility and trust.

Being able to administer my duties through defined parameters and continually striving for close working relationships with the companies that hire our students. I approach the placement process as a basis for mutual partnership.

I liked the multiple outlines of how placement was defined. I also liked the use of partnerships to review the processes and proceedures for further evaluation and the betterment of the students outcomes.

It's really beneficial to different components how HEI can track and collect appropriate and approved "placements". It creates an ease on how one can place a student's verified employment through multiple information and criteria of the said placement 

I learned that by using third party verification I can minimize the risk of mistakes coming up during external audits.

Having well definined criteria for placement for an institution is important for success. I was interested in the different types of collecting placement data, and the pros and cons for each methodology. 

The correct definition of placement open a big opportunity to know how to manage the data of the graduates.

The importance of data collection criteria for placements and the process of verifying employment. There are numerous ways for collecting the data needed as long as the process is defined and followed. 

Understanding data collection methods and the level of credibility of each is good to know. 

I learned that it is very important to have very detailed information and that the more details you have the less questions (scrutiny) will be a factor. Document, Document, Document!

Accuracy is the key. 

Make sure that there's a clear definition of placement and ensure that verification is accurate.

It was very interesting that the organizations definition of placed/employed, in the cohort or not, is what sets the tone for the department.

Throughout this module, I gained an understanding of the significance of identifying student placement for the purpose of gainful employment numbers. While economic development organizations may not prioritize this as much, accrediting bodies place great emphasis on collecting specific data on each student.

Companies investment strategies feel knowledge is wealth so reporting data that shows students job growth is imperative to that investment.  Accreditation is paramount to integrity of institutions so that students and companies benefit. This helps to improve curriculum and measures success.

Data collection allow for more efficient audits while reducing mistakes.  

there are various types of methodologies to collect the placement data, each of them has challenges but the importance is adopting a well and accurate methodology and define very well some related concepts, such as: time of employment, understand the definition of placement, and be consistent with the policies adopted and with the process.

Placement accuracy should be made with most importance. 

Accreditor rules and regulations should be the base line for checking placements. Working around placement rules is detrimental to students and universities, like covering up a stain instead of getting rid of it. Be accurate and communicate with potential employers to build relationships to help verify placements more efficiently. 

It is important for the data that is put into the system is accurate and portrays valid information so the school does not have a legal issue in the future. 

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities