Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This module gave me a new understanding of how important accurate reporting is in higher education. I didn;t realize the economic impact higher education has and how this reporting reflects that. I also enjoyed seeing the student's prespective on it. If a student is willing to go into great amounts of debt, they expect to have an upper hand in the business world. Gainful employment is very important and helps students pay off their debt and also find purpose in their careers, dpedning on which definition you are looking at. 

It's a reminder of how important it is to accurately report graduate employment information. I didn't realize the econmic impact it had on the future policies and procedures of the institutions it involved.

My biggest takeaway was the importance of using my resources!

This is true especially because we do not want to report incorrect information!

Also we are given various tools to use and should always refer to these resources, and not try to "guess" when it comes to

numbers/percentages.  This area can be tricky if one is not aware of what is available to them

Biggest takeaway:

Collecting employment date is critical to add texture to just stark statistics.
Good data sets help determine factors such as the quality of an institution, academic
standards, better define effectivness of an HEI.
Such information can even be useful to attract students, who want a return on thier investment (student debt
v "gainful" employment.

This module was good information for me.  Some were reminders, but I learned much that I did not know or had not given much thought to to.  One in particular about how government is approaching higher education policy as an investment strategy.  Additionally, that the employment data has significant influence on national economic development, higher education policy, and accreditation integrity. The non-profit sector I came from we often talked about helping the participants with obtaining gainful employment, but never knew the different perspectives on it.  What matters the most is the personal perspective because that person is the one that has to live.

The data collected from employment reporting is significant information to help indivduals decide what steps are needed in order to better the curricula of programs. This helps the overall instituation gain feedback and strive to better their programs as the economy changes. We are able to track the trends of employment at that point and make changes as needed. In order for larger change to occur with higher education policies proper and timely documentation and reporting needs to occur.

My other take away is that in today's society education is key to promising benefits and perks with a company, however; this also has created a pile up of debt for students and can affect the institutions numbers depending on their payment process.

In summary, it is essential for employment data to be accurate at all times and for instituations to be upfront/transparent with financial costs. 

I found that increasingly more prospective students are analyzing the data from employment reporting as a deciding factor whether to invest in that institution. 

Without the correct and accurate data in employment reporting, it's hard to determine the relationship between the quality of post secondary education and gainful employment. This is an increasingly key factor when students determine which institution to enroll in.

One of the biggest takeaways from this portion of the training was the importance of data reporting. The accurate representation of employment documentation has the potential to help increase the effectiveness of the programs at the university. This happens by verifying the data reported in order to help better the universities' programs and curriculum related to diverse market factors. The lack of accurate reporting can potentially hurt the organization by removing important statistical data. 

It is important to accurately report the statistics such as employment rates after graduation, salary rates, etc. to show the institution is fulilling their purpose of educating students to be successful in their work field. 

Employment or otherwise known as Placement verifications, must be reported accurately and timely as well as effciently. Ultimately the data reported provides agencies and educators the information needed to determine the ultimate success of education programs. For the graduate, placement reporting provides real numbers that apply to them and their choises on whether they have chosen a field of study that provides more than simply knowledge but also opportunities in acheiving "gainful employment". In my position as placement coordinator, I believe that the data reported is proof of the programs success. Esablishing healthy working partnerships with specific realative companies that benifit them as well as the student. The numbers reported for placement deomonstrates how the program performed and succeeded.

My take aways are not only about the importance of accurate reporting but transparency in the educational process as a whole.  I really liked the definiation of gainful employment including "leads to a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction".

As an individual that reports employment rates, I learned that this helps our government and HEI understands how much economic impact they have when students go out into the workforce. This also helps future students learn about the program/trade they are thinking of pursuing by learning the benefits and career impact they can potentially fulfill in the long run. 

Accurate reporting is integral to the collection of reliable data for important decisions to be made from school stakeholders, students, and government agencies.

In this module, I've learned how my role has the potential to either negatively or positively affect my institution. If my reporting data does not reflect correctly, this could lead to the loss of federal funding. Very interesting to learn about how the definiition of gainful employment shifts depeding on perspective. 

Unfortunately, not all institutions/ Universities are required to show this data which hinders students from making a logical and informed decision about their education. It is essential for employment data to be accurate at all times and for instituations to be upfront/transparent with financial costs. 

My biggest takeaway from this firist module is that employment reporting impacts much more than just meeting accreditation standars, and the mindest behind it is not just to reach a number, but to be able to truly analyze the trends and effectivness of programs. With knowledge the major form of wealth now sought after, it's important to be able to have employment data to analyze if programs are the best path to gainful employment for our students. 

The importance of the employment reporting is to know the economic development that the federal goverment is investing in education and if it's is functional.

My takeaway from this module is the importance of employment reporting and how that impacts various things within our society, such as education and individual decisions.

This section of the training communicates to me the significance of career services, including the proper documentation of prior activity, in relation to future impact to the graduate, the institution, and the overall economy.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities