Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What I gathered from the this part of the training, is that is very important to make sure we are documenting and obtaining gainful employment for the students attending HEI's, to ensure we keep down scrutiny and are adhering to the guidelines of the. accreditation

The key take away from this section is that accurate reporting of data is important for tracking the success of the programs and making sure they are looking at opportunities to improve programs.

Learn importance of accurate data.

The biggest take away from this section is the importance of transparency with prospective students. The reliability and accuracy of data when it comes to employment reporting and proper accreditation is becoming more important to students. Now more than ever, students are in debt and not being able to find sustainable employment to pay off student loans. 

I've taken away the various ways that accurate reporting impact higher education. I was also very interested in different ways to view gainful employment. 

Employment reporting helps promote accountability and transparency in higher education institutions.  By providing accurate and comprehensive data on the employment outcomes of graduates, schools can demonstrate their effectiveness in preparing students for the job market.

You need to be active on a state and national level in order to share your statistics with stakeholders (students, graduates, staff, employers, politicians, regulators and accreditors.

One aspect that I found particularly poignant in the given information was the discussion surrounding gainful employment. It shed light on the significance of data in this context, while also acknowledging the inherent challenge of measuring it accurately. The complex nature of gainful employment lies not only in its quantifiable aspects, but also in the subjective perspective of the individual and the psychological factors that contribute to what it truly means to have meaningful work. This multifaceted observation adds depth and nuance to our understanding, highlighting that gainful employment encompasses more than mere statistics can capture. It underscores the importance of considering various dimensions when evaluating employment outcomes and emphasizes the need for a holistic approach when assessing its impact on individuals and society as a whole.

Employment reporting is detrimental to both students and institutions to provide data that will help one decide where to gain knowledge and to help with funding.  

Employment reporting is not just our team, it's allowing our students, graduate and future students see what they are capable of. Seeing their successes is why us in Career services do what we do. Employment reporting not only allows the institution to see growth but our students. Seeing the impact reporting has at a national level was something very interesting to see that we are bigger than we may have thought.

For me, this module highlights the multiple implications and importance to gather accurate data in order to have appropriate employment report. These data and reports should be a useful tool during the process to assess our programs. This module also explains the importance of this data for the development of government's economic plan, and for our students and graduates during the choice process of their careers and colleges.

My biggest take away of reporting students being placed in jobs adds to the value of the university that I am employed with. Students need employment to not be in student debt for ever and schools should be held accountable in assisting students with employment.

I think that it is great that they are actually looking at this and regulating it. Our national debt is astronomical, and student debt is completely over inflated. If government continues to subsidize loans to individuals, and then tell those individuals that they may not under any circumstances become absolved of that debt, as so far as to pass the debt to children and dependents. Then on the same hand they need to regulate colleges to teach degrees that enable students to pay back their inflated debt. 

I learned about how higher education institutions use employment reporting data as a factor in which programs they offer. I also learned that accurate reporting of this information can affect the public funding that institutions receive to run their programs. 

The training highlighted for me the political and legal reasons for accurate reporting of employment, which is what I expected.  Being compliant with the reporting guidelines is understandable.  What I learned was that there are more than just financial components to the term “gainfully employed”.  The psychology of gainful employment as it pertains to personal purpose as a measure of quality of life was a lightbulb moment for me.  

Gainful employment really stood out to me. There is no perfect definition. It all depends on the circumstances. This was my first time hearing about this. 

Data accuracy is very important for a laundry list of reasons, although when students have income goals and the institution has accurate information on the statistical realities associated with the field's and industries to dispense to those students this creates a level of confidence in the department and institution where students can become empowered. 

Losing accreditation could result is loss of federal funding.  Maintaining influence is important on the national economy. 

It is important that students are able to find employment after completing their postsecondary programs/degrees.  Documentation is important for accountability and employment reporting.

My biggest takeaway from this module is to completely  understand how vitally important reporting accurate placements and salaries is.  The different perspectives on "gainful employment" was also eye-opening as I had never thought about it from any other perspective than monetary.  

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities