Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What have you learned? I’ve learned why our institution follow the procedures and
policies they have in place.   I’ve learned there are many aspects in following the rules and regulations.  I can understand the procedures we have in place are to protect the public.

How can you apply it? I can apply in meetings and while applying what I learned to
amending some of the procedures to fit our intuition’s future.  I can also apply when speaking with or
planning with students, faculty, and supervisors.

What support do you need? I will need the support of my supervisors and some additional training.   I believe learning is a lifelong endeavor.  You should never stop learning.  The future brings a new materials and insights every day.

1.  What have
    you learned? I’ve learned why our institution follow the procedures and
    policies they have in place.   I’ve
    learned there are many aspects in following the rules and regulations.  I can understand the procedures we have in
    place are to protect the public.

1.  How can
    you apply it? I can apply in meetings and while applying what I learned to
    amending some of the procedures to fit our intuition’s future.  I can also apply when speaking with or
    planning with students, faculty, and supervisors.

What support do you need? I will need the support of my supervisors and some
additional training.   I believe learning
is a lifelong endeavor.  You should never
stop learning.  The future brings a new
materials and insights every day.

To say what I have learned through this experience, is to say that my job as an admissions rep is to project the most honest and professional impression I can with the students.  This instills the confidence that they are looking for.  This will be accomplished by following the rules and guidelines as closely as possible.

To apply this will only help me grow and possibly get the needed referrals from the students.  Also will it will reflect with my coworkers and create a great work environment.

The support I need would be just an appreciation from all around.  Also the fact that they are striving to do the same makes the whole office congenial and smooth running and more important effective.

I learned a great deal about the rules and regulations regarding the amissions process. Compliance can be a deal breaker so learning this info will improve my confidence and knowledge with the students.

I think this class was a big help, because we are in the occupation of helping students reach there goals. There will be many times when students will need to seek help from employees of the College about money, class, or enrollment issues. This class helped me to understand the process that is in place to help students address there individual issues that relate to college. This was a very good training tool.

I learned a lot. I thought this course was very helpful, especially from a stand-point where I have had no financial aid planning experience. I understood the regulations and this module guided me step by step. I also liked the fact that I could go back to a slide if I had a question on something.

This was a very informative course. The rules and regulation are clearly defined and there has to be a methodical approach to the day to day functions of an admission representative.

I learned alot and reinforced what i had rpeviously learned. There are a lot of regulations out there and we need to stay current with these and any changes. By taking this course and continued training we can stay current on these rules and regulations. The course was very informative.

Throughout this online course I learned alot of compliance procedures and regulations, as well as what is appropriate and/or not appropriate to speak about with students regarding advertising, recruitment, financial aid, and so forth. I applaud the company for setting up this training module for us. The information is relevant to all areas of employment within the company.

The support I would appreciate would be a course that is more applicable to my course of instruction or general instruction. For example, perhaps there could be a module where we are offered and, in turn, we offer ideas on how to incorporate more interactive, tactile learning, no matter the course or subject matter. I believe our students are looking to practice their skills and work on the areas they are developing in a hands-on, collaborative way. I think it would be great it we could share with each other lesson plans or class activities that have been successful and from which the students gathered new knowledge.

Thanks.

I have learned much about all of the rules and regulations and changes in the laws and that there are reasons why the school operates in certain ways. I didn't realize some of this was law!
I can use this knowledge in the way I talk to my students! I have more knowledge now in the things I discuss with them!

1. What have you learned? I learned that as an instructor and program chair, I must be extremely careful to ensure that I can backup anything I say to current students and prospective students. 

2. How can you apply it? The best way I can apply this is to review the information that I have been telling potential students at open house events and make sure the data is accurate.  I can also make sure the admissions team has the proper information as it relates to my program.

3. What support do you need? I am not aware of any support I need at this time, but I do know where I can find some great resources now.

Thanks

This was a very helpful training. I work for multiple institutions and have had a recent training on these same regulations. I must say that this format was a little more user freindly and an easier read. Thank you so much. This informationis very important in our academic world, no matter what position we hold!

1. What have  you learned?  I found that some of the areas I believed were only applicable to Admissions or FA applied to all of us.  This training was helpful in bringing that to light and informing me what those regulations are.

2. How can I apply it?  It made me more aware of how careful I need to be in talking to perspective students their families when they tour the school and when I sit and talk to them during the admissions process.  I have always attempted to make sure admissions has the most uptodate information on my program.  While I meet with each admissions rep when they are hired, I plan on attending their meetings on a regular basis to update all of them on changes to the program, changes in certification requirements etc.

3. Currently I have all the support I need from the DOE, CD and RVP.  All have been very supportive of the program and my students.

I have learned to think even more closely about what I say to students about jobs after their program. While I may merely be trying to encouage the student, it could be interpreted differently since the student sees me, the instructor, as a repesentative of the school. What would help would be having copies of what the recruiters actually give and say to the students. As the professionals working in the field, the instructors might be able to correct some of the messages from the onset. Hopefully this would not be in conflict with the school's enrollment objectives, and if it is, may be that is something that needs addressing. I think my school is upfront with students, but it seems like the industry as a whole should be vigilant.

Thank you Dr Ryan Meers for providing a structured query for the responses.

This online session has been very informative.   I learned a great deal of information pertaining to the different concepts or statements that should or should not be made when talking to students.  More importantly, I didn't realize that commments made to potential students had to be monitored closely.  This course was a great resource of what I was doing correct as well as things to avoid.

As a new instructor, I was pleased to have a great deal of compliance information available in one area. I appreciate the opportunity to take these courses and I enjoy being able to learn what is priority in educational instruction.

This is actually the first on-line course I've ever taken and I found it to be very thought provoking and informative.  I appreciated the ability to work through the course on my own time line to be very beneficial since just starting a new job.  The leader kept me on track and was very helpful.  I have used what I've learned throughout my career but it is certainly helpful to have a refresher. 

I thought that this class was very informative.  I believe that I would have benefited more from learning about the policies and regulations pertaining to prospective students, if this would have been offered when I first started.  I do think this information was very useful.

Sign In to comment