Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learn the Basics | Origin: CM205

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Admissions Compliance for Postsecondary Schools in Colorado --> Learn the Basics

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I learned it's a good idea to stay orgainized, understand what you can and can't say and maintain an understand of what marketing is saying. So, you may use those ideas which the student is already familiar with to continue to show them the educational institution.

I learned that it is very important to be very percise when explaining things to our students, especially making sure things are said the right way because certain things should not be said. This allows the student clear understanding and we can assure that we are providing the most accurate information possible. 

I learned that it is important to know the rules and regulations on the state you are enrolling students. Also, that you explain things to students in the correct way so that they have the correct idea and expectations of what to get out of their classes and what to expect in the field they work in.

This module stressed the improtance of being knowledgeable and accurate when it come to the rules and regulations for enrolling students. Its important that the student undertands what is being said, and that when explainng the agent is using the correct verbage. 

I learned that compliance is important and to follow all rules and regulations when enrolling students. 

I learned that if we do not comply with State laws then there will be actions against us. I also learned that we need to be knowledgable and explain programs in an efficiant way to ease understanding. We never gaurentee, Imply, or promise anything!

I learned the importance of knowing the proper terms to use when talking with a perspective student. Also certain topics that should be covered, and those that should be avoided. 

I learned the important basics of being an admissions rep. How even if you have experience, it's important to stay up on the State Compliance, so you aren't missing thigs to say/not say. As well, It's important to know what are company is advertising so we can see the student perspective. We are the students guide, and they rely on correct information from us.

Compliance and regulations are key to being an Admissions Rep. Demonstration of your knowledge of these topics, partnered with sales skills; should ultimately yield great results.

Learning the terminology along with understanding the compliance and regulations will set you up for success.  Its extremely important to know where our advertising goes, when it is delivered to the public and what is says.   Students expect us to guide them through the process and that needs to be accurate information.

I learned how important it is to know all of the rules and regulations, especially around accredidation; as a takeaway from this module, I intend to take the suggestion of making a binder with all of the relevant information so that I have it organized, on hand, and ready for reference.

I understand that I am responsible to be the expert on my program. I need to be organized and informed regarding all of our outreach paperwork, advertising, catalog, agreements, Financial Aid, etc. Always be open and honest with the student and provide the correct information. 

I learned that I am a professional and should perform my work as so. It is important to remain knowledgeable about all protocols i.e. filing paperwork correctly, staying up to date with advertisement and school policies and ensuring all required documents are signed.  Having the correct knowledge about your institution is the best way to ensure you are open and honest with giving your student accurate information.

Sign In to comment