Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Thanks Christine,

The subject line sets the stage and can even help manage expectations about the message.

Jay Hollowell

I have learned that transparency applies to all forms of communication with students. I have found myself putting more thought into what I put in.

There was no single item; the fact that it must be clearly marked as an advertisement, provide an actual address, and provide opt out information was surprising to me.
I have always believed in full disclosure related to this type of work, but more now than ever.

Most important is the opt -out option. I will apply that to my daily life.

The most important thing was the opt out option I was unaware of this

I learned that in e-mailing students it is imperative to be clear about the point of the e-mail, to use care in maintaining confidentiality and to provide support through utilization of established resources.

Must be very careful about what you put in your emails. You also must disclose your purpose in the subject line.

The difference between transactional or relationship email. I will be more cognizant when sending out emails.

I also think that mass emails that are not pertinent information to a focus group adds confusion and depersonalizes the interaction of the one on one help from the school rep.

The most important thing I learned was to be truthful in the subject area! I will now ensure that the subject area matches the content of my email.

I also agree that mass e-mails are not the best
way to get students interested in enrolling in a program. Besides infringing on the right to privacy, I feel they represent impersonal methods that a program would only use if they were desperate for enrollees. This would make me question the integrity and quality of the program.

When e-mailing students it is always important to make it brief and concise.

There are many guidelines that must be followed. I think it is very important to follow these guidelines every single time we are emailing students. We must follow the rules and regulations in order to maintain the schools reputation.

We must identify if we are doing commercial email or not.

The information once disseminated is recorded and time stamped. In most organizations the information shared by email is monitored.

Sign In to comment