Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I do not communicate via email or phone with prospective students in my position, so all of the email information was enlightening.

the most important thing is the opt out option. Customer service is very high on my list and if a student is not interested in receiving emails then it is not good to annoy them when they have opted out

Always communicate appropriately via email and follow regulations

To ensure that I remain or ensure that I am compliant with regulations I will be much more careful to follow the rule of details in each email. I am sure if I were to look back at emails they were not complete or as complete as needing to be. So in short the attention to detail is huge for me to ensure compliance.

Definitely an opt out option, and also to clearly state in the subject line what the email is about.

Opt-out clause must be in every email considered to be advertising.

the most important thing is adding the opt out to my emails.

I will have to keep in mind, that I am representing the college and anything I imply in my emails may be seen as advertisment. I have to be more aware of including a physical address in my emails as well as an opt-out option.

I have learned how to be very specific in an email, and how to be broad. No, matter what people may think there is a tone that is implemented in every email that can be taken a certain way. You have to be very careful with personal information and make sure that it adheres to the government guidelines.

The opt out option is the single most important thing that I learned.

Information for this unit was unknown to me. So everything is important. I will share this information with admissions staff to know if the institution complies with the CAN-SPAM Act.

The most important thing I learned is that the subject line MUST reflect the content of the email. I will now think about what information is in the email and type the subject line more specifically vs. a general subject heading.

Yes, I agree. I was unaware that postal addresses and opt out options are to be included in all cases. The 90 day requirement as well.

I was surprised that there are so many laws about emailing. I was not aware of the opt-out portion that needs to be included.

Emailing students is effective for items that do not require a fast response but as long as it is used and checked consitently, it is valuable.

I was unaware of the Opt-out and the 90 day. I do include a postal address and my subject line does explain pretty well what the email is regarding. Good to know.

I learned that it is important to make sure that you add clear opt out procedures to every Email

I think it's very important to be very clear about what you are trying to say so there won't be any miscommunications or have the student get the totally wrong idea about what you are trying to get across to them.

I think the single most important item I learned was that there are definitive rules regarding emails. I was not aware of this. This information ahs been enlightening.

This was surprising to me as well. It made me reevaluate how I communicate with students. It also made sense to me on why we had to update our email procedures.

Sign In to comment