Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

That an email from a school rep may be seen as an advertisement. We have to be careful when we send emails to students and make sure that when we send an email that it is accurate information for the student.

Having the full address of the school added to all email signatures was the best way to ensure this requirement was compliant.

Danielle,

You are correct. Always keep in mind that it is just as easy to misrepresent in email as in person. Make sure that the prospective student is provided a way to opt out of the emails if needed.

Cindy Bryant

The difference between commercial email and emails to communicate with the students and graduates. Either one, it's a good practice to state clearly why you're contacting them.

I didn't know how much it takes to e-mail a potential student and what you need to provide well doing so, but knowing why its done helps me understand the process. I also didn't know that an e-mail can also be a advertisement.

Making sure that a physical address is on the email at all times. Heighten my awareness

Bernadette,

Thank you for sharing your new found knowledge. It serves us well to realize the impact our training has had on participants.

Cindy Bryant

While most students may no reply to a phone call, they will to an email. Emailing is less of a committment and does not include a conversation exchange.

Margaret,

You bring up a good point, emailing empowers us to be more direct and speak our mind without having to face the other person's reaction or body language.

Cindy Bryant

I personally do not send out blast emails, since I only work with students who have applied to the school or are directly dealing with me, but I will advise our head of marketing to include the "opt-out" option in the emails he sends.

The single most important I learned about emailing sudents is having a Opt out option

Allison,

The opt out process is very important, how will you use it in the future.

Cindy Bryant

Email is the method of communication now a day. You can keep track of conversations, to protect the student’s best interest and the school as well.
Sometimes students change their address but most likely they won’t change their email address. I use the email to communicate my students any important information.
It is faster and less time consuming.

ROSANGELA,

I agree that email is quite effective, even more so now that many people receive their emails on their phones.

It makes one wonder how we survived prior to the age of technology.

Cindy Bryant

Well I leanred that you must be very careful as to what you email students and what it is saying along with having an opt out option..it makes me want to do things via phone all the time now.

The single most important thing I learned in regards to emailing students is knowing about the commercial email. I know now to look out for things that I type and sent out and to make sure it has a opt out clearly explained.

Aside from learning about needing an Opt out option on the emails sent to students, I also recognized that there is a need to provide students with the physical address of your school. I personally have the physical address of my school as my email signature to ensure that I do not forget it. I rarely email students since this is a brick and mortar school and I am in the financial aid department. But if I need to in the future I will remember the opt out.

Tiera,

Thank you for sharing the new information that you learned from the course. The course achieves it's goal when new information is imparted.

Cindy Bryant

I use the email as an educational tool and not as a discouraging asset. I learned that students would respond to positively and professionally addressed matters.

I learned that emailing students gives them the feeling that someone cares for them and their education.

Sign In to comment