Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I seem to get a better response with text messaging. Also, prospects seem to love the idea that i have texting ability. Makes the school seem more updated and changing with the times. Now a days texting is just much easier for everyone.

I have yet to try social media, I am not sure how i feel about using social media yet.

I would say electronic communication is most useful, especially email. The reason for this is that everything can easily be verified. If an accrediting agency needs verification that something was disclosed, it is easy to show proof if you have a copy of the email.

I believe that texting has become the most important means of communications with students since they don't read their student emails and seldom respond to their personal emails. Texting solicits a much more immediate response and lets you know instantly that the student has been reached. I know of instructors who use it to communicate with their students in class when the students are playing with their phones and not paying attention.

college catalog and managing grades electronically. That help students to manage their education efficiently.

Email has become so important in my daily routine at the college. It is fast and convienent for many students along with staff to communicate. Many staff and students have their email directly on their phone and are able to communitcate with each other immidiately. A second bonus with email is that there is a paper trail of what was written. Unlike a voice conversation, you can look back to make sure what you wrote was accurate.

Text message is also a vital communication tool. Personally, I do not give my cell phone to students but other faculty and staff have had great success with this.

Sign In to comment