Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I would tell an employee that it is okay if they do not the answer to every question. It is best to be honest with the student and tell them that you don't know. but will find the answer rather than making stuff up or talking in generality.

i will advice the employee to get all the by law and general information from the department of education to prevent any mislead information to our new prospect.

Each new employee must sign an acknoledgement that they have read, recieved, and understand each program specifications. I would tell them never to guarantee a student anything. If there is ever a question that they do not know the answer to then they should simply say "they don't know but will find the right answer for them." Do not give false information or say anything you are not certain of.

Daniel,

The first thing to remember is that you aren't expected to know everything about every topic at all times. Given how busy we are these days, it's nearly impossible to always have an answer on the tip of your tongue. If the question is related to something you're working on or should be familiar with, you likely do know something -- and that something is worth contributing. So instead of just going straight to, "I don't know, sorry," take a second to collect your thoughts and provide the student with the fact or tidbit you do know. If you don't know the answer then let the student know that you will help them find the answer.

Cindy Bryant

Never assume or guess. Have it verified by your supervisor before telling the student. Having something in writing is always preferred.

I would make sure to inform that new employee if they dont know the answer to something not to provide false information. It's always better to be honest and tell them you don't know but you will help them with what you can.

if you don't know the answer then find out the correct info before you give the advice

First to take this course, that way the new employee will be more than inform. My philosophy is before you provide any kind of information, you need to be trained. Also, you need to study and do some research. If you don’t know the answer just tell the student “that you don’t know the answer now, but you will get back to him/her later”

Advice I would give to any new employee would be if you don't know the answer NEVER give out a reply. Look either in the manuel or ask the director of the school. I can not expres enough to employees that we need to talk in truth at all times to all students current or prospective.

At our institution we all have a manuel. This manuel is updated daily with any changes made by state or federal etc. before a new employee actually starts talking with students we train them and do a mock enrollment afterwards we go over the things that were correct and incorrect. so with that we always tell new employees never give out the wrong information. If you are not sure do not lead students into anything you don't know for a fact. Either look at your manuel or ask some one that knows

Cindy,

Having a good compliance training program ensures employees are trained to understand the expectations, standards and obligations toward the organization and towards customers. Providing adequate training tends to make employees more confident in performing their tasks. They understand their roles better and will take their obligations seriously. This sets the tone for developing a better workplace culture.

Cindy Bryant

I would first say never misrepresent the school or yourself. If there is anything you are unsure about let the student know you will bring your supervisor in to answer that question or you could let the student know that answer once you research it.

Belinda,

Mock enrollments and role playing is a great way to train employees in day to day situations. It is impossible to be prepared for every situation but at least it helps new employees think on their feet and better understand compliant measures.

Cindy Bryant

Vanessa,

Hi! Thanks for working with new employees to insure that they are on target. What happens when a senior employee THINKS he knows the answer and continuously provides misinformation? How should this situation be handled?

Cindy Bryant

Be honest. Treat others as you would like to be treated. It is always about the best interest of the student.

My advise to a new employee would be to go through all the training modules and complete them. In addition ensure they sit in on conversations with other team members. a rule of thumb to always remember is talk with each person as if it were your brother or sister.

I would tell them to be honest and let the student know that you need to check on the answer before confirming.

This is true, I always advise new employees its ok not to be sure about a question to simply say I am not sure but let me find out and go to the manual or find the accurate answer from the Director.

My best recommendation to a coworker would be to learn more about the regulations and policies of the Department of Education as well of the university catalog.

I would say to always stay on top of your rules and regulations of the institution that you work for, always say things that are compliant and never mislead a student.

Sign In to comment