Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Being reminded that sometimes the simplest questions can be the most powerful really spoke to me. I also like that it spoke about how engaging questions are often framed from the other person's point of view. 

The best practice of talk less and listen more is important to keep in mind when interacting with students. Giving them those powerful questions and taking the time to listen to their responses will help us to understand their mindset and the situation much better, while giving students a chance to take ownership. 

Talk less and listen more.

There are questioning traps to avoid. These are bias, leading questions, interrogation, negativity, and invasion of privacy. With leading questions, it is important to remain neutral in your phrasing.

The idea if using the right questioning techniques to gain clarity and information without bias so that you can built rapport with the student.

Great section! I really enjoyed the process of "strategically" thinking about and structuring your questions; Attributes of Powerful Q's, skilled/unskilled Q's, Framing/Reframing/ Softners and Question Traps (noted sections). The real benefit to my future success in communication is actively utilizing the concepts and techniques. 

Sign In to comment