Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The admissions process has to change to meet the evolution of education as well as health care. Our organization will focus on building relationships with the communities in order to establish relationships and understanding of the prospective students.

Comment on Beatriz Almeida's post: Admissions process has changed, now that we use technology, it is easier for the prospect to research online, many already have a bit of knowledge when thy reach out,

I believe presenting prospective students with the information that they no longer need to receive face-to-face is valuable especially with time and rather presenting something more personable to a prospective student during the face-to-face interactions will help the process. 

Excellent presentation, to remember that more than a sale and a number, we are working with prospects to make an important decision in their life. We must take the time to connect, that is undoubtedly what leads us to be successful in our field. Above all, be available to them immediately and have adequate follow-up so that their concerns are addressed as soon as possible.

The new methods are here to facilitate communication between the institution (advisor) and the student. It is easier now to build a connection than before, and without having to be there face to face. The key is how to create this connection without making the student feel pressured to make a decision.

It is important to connect on the student's terms and not apply pressure - listen and discover what motivates the prospective student.

By examining the traditional approach we can see the benefits and the drawbacks. Be flexible and adpat when needed and always provide the best for your prospective students and you will get far. 

The buying process has 5 steps. Awareness, research, shop, interest, and enrollment.

The internet has changed the way of the admissions process.  Students have majority of their information at their fingertips and no longer need that face to face interaction to gather information.  Finding a new "carrot" to help your institute stand out from the rest seems to be the goal for us.

By examining the traditional approach, we can see the benefits and the drawbacks.  The flexibility of the internet and providing the best accurate information to your prospectives students will help them make the right decision and the institution with a better result.

Comment on Cheyenne Goelz's post: Comment on Rosa Reza Rodriguez's post

Students can research and make the right decision within their chosen of institution.

Along with technology todays' student has advanced as well; advanced awareness, knowledge, resources, expectations, access to information, etc. The clear takeaway for me is that I (as an AR) have to ensure that I connect, build trust and customize solutions that match individual student needs and concerns. Never forgetting the purpose of the interview process; adapting to the individual student and becoming a POWERFUL DIFFERENTIATOR.  

Provide students with bites of information that make your school stand out from the rest.

Sign In to comment