Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Our school does not and because there are four campuses, all have the same FB page. I have complained about needing to showcase local events and talent for prospective students, but it falls o deaf ears. I believe that social media can be a very effective marketing tool if used correctly.

I believe it can be a fine line using social media to promote career colleges/schools. Meaning, there are rules and regulations restricting communicating through social media sites to leads when employees themselves use social media themselves.

Unfortunatley, we only have one person permitted to use our social network. I think this puts us at a huge disadvantage since it is so widely used right now

We have a Facebook page but it is mainly used for current students to keep in touch,

Although our school maintains several official social networking sites, it is difficult to maintain these sites with fresh and relevant content and to moderate comments. This requires a lot of manpower.

Today's Millenial Learner has never known a world withour Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr etc. In many cases sites like these represent the communications channels they are most comfortable with, and it's a sad fact that many instructors and administrators who have not been able to adapt to the online world may be effectively cut out of conversations.

Flash mob!!

We recognize the value of Social Networking therefore, Facebook it utilized. We are not using Twitter at this point. It is the way of the world but I worry about losing that personal touch in the long run.

The key word is used correctly. While social media can help, it can hurt too. It can become an avenue for digruntled students to attack, however if it is managed well, student concerns should be taken seriously and immeditely addressed.

My school has yet to adopt Twitter, Facebook, etc as a means to promote the school. I feel it is a very effective tool to use since most people like to use social networking these days then the telephone. At the same time I imagine it would be hard to manage communicating with prospects through so many sources. I would really like giving it a try to see if it would be more successful as far as reaching leads than just by calling.

I don't believe we do a lot with social networking sites at our school. Many others do a lot with it though. It's a popular place to advertise the school for prospective students.

It can impact your school a lot with people now only using social network sites, My school is very new online wise and is working on really just developing the schools tools more than anything I would assume they are going to develop some sort of marketing for social networks in the future

I have mixed views on advertising on social media because a big portion of leads you recieve maybe accidental on the part of the potential student. Some advertising requires you address prior to you doing another action which you are really interested in doing. This can frustrate the media user and make for an unpleasant contact for an admissions rep.

Our marketing plan definitely has incorporated social media, and I think it has been a positive reflection to our school. We are big on keeping up with facebook and twitter, and are very involved with communicating back and forth with current students, potential students, and alumni.

We do use social networking sites & find them to be extremely useful! Not only are they great for prospective students, but they are also a great tool to use in keeping all of our current students up to date & connected!

How has the popularity of social networking sites such as facebook, twitter, etc., affected communications with prospective students?

Does your school have a marketing plan that includes the use of social networking sites?

Social media has affected every aspect of marketing. These sites have added a very easy and cheap way to stay connected to potential and existing students.

The media craze allows students to access social media pages for current events and important dates. What great tool to access 24 hours a day.

I recently spoke to the director of our schools and discussed our marketing plan social media was on top of the list. Our school is really trying to establish a program that allows our students to interact from home, office or on the go.

Social networking sites may not be a formal part ofa school's advertisng campaign, but its important for marketing reps to realize the relevance of these sites, opinions can be posted and affect your school positively or negatively so its an important took for getting a handle on how potential students feel and what current students need and want

We use several different social networking sites. Also each staff member has a professional networking page and it has been very helpful when communicating with prospects and current students.

It is amazing how much things have changed in our industry in the last ten years. I remember the time when pagers were the new wave of communication. It is now of vital importance for schools to use not only email, cell phones and webpages to reach out to prospects, but Facebook and Instagram are great ways to make contact and dialogue with prospective students. I wonder what's the next big wave of communication on the horizon.

We have a whole section of our Curriculum that focuses on social media. We are a Beauty College and part of marketing yourself as a stylist can be done on social media. It is a great and fast way to connect with others on a large scale. I have also used this (with my professional facebook page) to connect with prospective students.

Social networking has drastically changed the intereaction between prospective students and colleges. It gives the student the ability to gather even more information about the institution before interviewing.

Sign In to comment