Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ours does and it is great. I think schools that utilize Social Networking really make a greater effort to get students involved, especially if they are in an all-online program. It is easy to feel a disconnect from the school's culture in an all-online program, so the social networking aspect is crucial to that program's success.

Our school does have a marketing plan that does include the use of social networking sites. They are definitely an effective way to communicate how our school is doing. It can also be a place where information can be detrimental to an institution if there is a negative experience.

I have only been on camus for a week so I am not sure. I think it would be wise to use tools like Facebook and Linked in to communicate with our students. It may help career services most in building a relationship with them.

What does your school do about any negative comments that might be made on FB? Does your campus let student's just say whats on their mind?

We do have a marketing plan that utilizes social networking to communication with prospective students and current students. It is a great way to interact with students and post important information about the school. The majority of our students are on a lot of the social media sites, so it makes it easy to engage them on the sites. We currently utilize Facebook and LinkedIn. We also encourage our students to create a LinkedIn account to start networking in the industry.

The use of social networking sites has not affected our communication with our prospective students. We stay in contact with our prospective students to answer any questions or relieve any concerns that the prospective student might have. Social networking does give us the opportunity to post different events that are going on around the campus or community, show our appreciation to our students and our community and many other things.

I think that the proper utilization of social sites has helped the enrolling of students. It has at least become a new form of communication for reps and students

I agree with the necessity of having social media, especially with trying to reach prospective students. Sometimes it is the best or only way to reach them.

This is an area where our school is trying to be more in touch with the current trends of social media networking. We realize the importance of all kinds of communication and the need for information to be found rapidly.

Yes it most certainly has. It has helped us reach more potential students and we incorporate it in our online learning system as well.

I have noticed that some of my student referrals have come from their friends talking about it on facebook in a positive light. I think that as long as the social media is regulated, it can be a positive influence on our students.

Times have changed and social net working is very important for communications. It is a good way to promote your college and for students to keep informed and be a part of what is going on in your school.

We several forms of social networking sites. Often the agent will have their own professional facebook to utilize with students but their is also a specific campus run page. This is run by one individual and all items are submitted to this person to have added to the page. This practice allows less confusion as to who is doing what on the page.

I feel like prospective students are easier to communicate now with through social media rather than the more traditinal paths. Everyone is always on their social media sites multiple times a day so it creates a constant form to network.

As a new employee to Admissions, I can only surmize that social networking has advanced communications with prospective students as it has with almost every other aspect of communications. Our school does have a marketing plan that includes social networking sites. I happen to know there is a Facebook page and a YouTube video advertising the school. I know, in my personal life, social media has expanded the people that I interact with on a daily basis. People know more about who I am and what I do, and I am sure the same is true for career-based schools and social media. Social media is a great path for marketing any and all things in my opinion, at least for now.

Yes, we do. They are very successful

As a new agent, I can't speak with experience.

I think social network sites aren't appropriate to use as far as communicating with prospective students. As professional agents, we should be reaching our students verbally or in person. However, social media is proven to be a key in marketing.

Social Networking sites are a great way to appeal to students however, representatives and agents must keep in mind that they cannot interact with individuals on social media.

Advertizing through social media is one of the fastest growing forms of marketing. To my knowledge, my school does not currently take adventage of this tool. However, I would be curious to see how it would effect our numbers in terms of potential students.

The former campus i transferred from did not use any in house social media for prospects. However, admissions created our own school FB, Through postings of activities & events and excited current studetns, it motivated our prospects to want to be a part of the school. great way to generate referrals.

Do you think these social media sites give us "quality leads"?

Sign In to comment