Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Yes, my school has a marketing strategy. I feel social network is important that is how people of connecting or communicating.

It is very popular for our school. Most students interact faster on the computer to an email or text rather than a phone call. Our school has put in place a marketing plan for social networking.

Well for me Devry has their own page on Facebook that allows students to post their achievements and tell about there experinces after college which allows them to connect with other students or friends. Its also good for families who live far away to reconnect with relatives.

I have worked at an institution that created an Admissions Social Newtorking Team that allowed us the oppurtunity to acess students and do Freshman advisment work such as, lack of abscences, re-entries,and prior cancels.

I found this to be a great tool in locating prospects. I have found that students never use there email and would prefer to be involved in something more dated and part of thier generation.

The use of social media and social networking sites as served to futher spread ideas, places, and concepts, including places of education. For example, on element of a Facebook profile is to enter where an individual attends school, and it also serves as a function to search for others. By something as simple as this, schools are indirectly marketed to other individuals on their pages. Furthermore, the use of an official Facebook or Twitter page would allow the school to post updates on orientations, for example, or perhaps provide links to maps and directions to navigate to the campus. Therefore, social media serves to bring schools (and fellow students at schools) into close contact with one another.

As for my school's marketing plan, although I have not seen the plan itself yet, it surely must include use of social networking sites since they have a Facebook page.

Yes, our school uses Facebook as a communication tool for reaching out to students.

The school should have these social networks in place so that the students know 100% of what is going on on campus and activities.

I believe that social networking has added to the convenience of sharing ideas and information amongst students or prospective students. Also, social networking sites allow thousands and millions of people; therefore, the amount of people that are able to see the information is vast.
On the flip side, negative feedback is also shared, so I believe when students read information, they should keep an open mind.

The impact of social media is huge! Students of a younger demographic are all about finding out what they can before giving the school a call. The more that's out there on social media, the quicker they find out information and what they are looking for.

Social media is now in the lives of many people in education. While facebook initially started within higher education it has expanded beyond business and education. I think many people find what they read to be credible on social media. Potential students are more likely to seek out what they read in social media. It is a good catalst for intital curiosity about different options that are available for many life avenues.

Our school does have a social networking site. Students seem to use the school site often.

Being new to the position this is something that I definitatly see as an area of opportunity. Social media is the a perfect and necessary opportunity for people to gain their information. Every study imaginable shows that potential customers always look to social media to get information about a potential service, school, or product. I'm not aware that are school has a policy in place to capitilize on this huge opportunity.

Social media has it's ups and downs, as with all things media related- it's how a person interprets the info. Social media like YouTube has been great for us though because we have students submitting their own videos that show how amazing their program of study is. Great avenue for us!

Our school has a facebook page but only the marketing team at corporate has access / permission to use it so I'm not directly involved.

Yes, our school keeps up with the social media sites and they are constantly adding more ways to reach prospective students through this means of marketing.

We currently maintain a Facebook account but it's hard to keep it updated. We only currently have one person in charge of the site.

Our school has a social networking site for each of our campus locations, however, no one is currently keeping it updated with information. I have actually volunteered to take on this task once I complete my training since my background is in Graphic Design and Marketing.

Social media is a great tool not only for reaching new prospects but for reaching the existing student body and informing them about special events at the campus. This can help improve retention of the student body as well as introduce the school to a larger audience of prospective students.

It has effeccted upcoming students by students posting either their good or bad experiences on soical media sites such as Facebook.

I believe there is a lot more that can be done in many areas using social networking. How are you using it? Is it just contacting people or are you using it for other things?

Social Media is a big part of our marketing program. It not only gives prospective students a glimpse into our school but it also allows the general public to see the staff and faculty in a less formal way. We will sometimes post pictures or comments from a staff picnic or an appreciation event. It is important that a school cares for its employees, and this is fun way to show it.

Sign In to comment