Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

With social media being so widely used by prospective students, it is an effective admissions and recruitment tool.

My school belives in words of mouth and referral as a big source of marketing. we also sent literature to local high school counselor's as a marketing purposes.

This is a great way for schools to place ads. Although, I do not have Facebook I can see how it will direct students to our schools website.

I believe that social media can work for nd against institutions. If students absolutely loved attending (which hopefully they do) it can work to our advantage with them adding positive feedback. However, it is the negatie feedback that we have to watch out for and ultimately try to prevent.

Yes, our school does have a Facebook page. Something nice about our Facebook page is that it keeps us informed on certain things going on on the campus. I like it for that reason.

My school has taken the format of social media (more specifically FaceBook)and has made the appearance of the online learning portal appear similar. I think from a marketing aspect, this draws interest from students!

Social networking sites play an important role in many student's lives when it comes to sharing information about schools they are attending or plan to attend. Therefore, it is an additional resource for information for all students who are planing to attend school.

Our programs are going to start to use facebook for placement services! This is to help stay in touch with past graduates to let them know about employment opportunities and job fairs. We are currently using facebook to share pictures of our graduating classes, pictures the students learning and participating in events & classes which the graduates really like. The students/graduates are always sharing their class pictures with their friends, it is so nice to see encouraging comments on the pictures from their friends and family congratulating them and wishing them well.

Yes our school does allow limited use of social media for prospective students and current students. I agree with one comment that it is definitely a two sided coin. I personally love "old school" communication because it does not leave room for interpretation. I think our students need a personal touch that you cant give via Facebook, twitter, or any other social media tool. But I am interested to see what comes up next in the media arena.

When I worked for a high school program in the past, I created and maintained our Facebook page and advertising. It was a great way for us to drill down to prospective students in the regions where we had schools and was an extremely effective marketing tool for us.

Yes our social does use social network sites. I believe it is a good forum to get ouyr message out to prospective students and direct them to our website for more information.

yes we do use social media. However, I feel it is more for existing students verses getting leads.

Yes, we have a marketing dept devoted to using social networking site as this a common usage of students.

Yes. Students use social networking to find out the opinions of others about schools and to also post their own feelings on schools.

I think social media is a wonderful way to increase exposure and I agree with many of the respondents below, that a student or students could potentially damage our reputation with negative comments...isn't there a way to set up a page on FaceBook that does not accept comments from others? Just thinking out loud...

Social networking sites have affected communications with prospective students because these sites tend to be regarded as having inside information, or little clips of information. Twitter, for example, only allows 140 characters of text per post, this does not fully allow for complete information. Our school does not have a marketing plan using social networking sites.

it affects communication as students look for quick answers on these sites and limits the amount of information that can be give to the students. our school does not utilize social networking programs

Our school has Facebook and YouTube accounts run by staff at Headquarters. I think it is a great marketing tool for the 18-30 demographic who heavily use social media. I also agree with a few other posters that it can be an issue when people are allowed to post freely on these sites. They can post ill-informed negative opinions about our school that others can readily see. Our social media team is very good, however, about contacting these individuals to help rectify their problems with the school.

We use many different ways to contact the students but the only social media site I use is Facebook.

Facebook is a great tool that our school utilizes. It is another way to get in touch with our students, the IM option gives us the opportunity to communicate with our students through texts.

Our school does take advantage of using social media as a marketing tool. We now have the option to reach students through sharing our events on related social media pages that our students and prospects might see.

Sign In to comment