Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Social networking is important and could be helpful as a marketing plan.

Social networking sites are a great reasource to discuss topics that are of interest to our students and alumni.

I am collecting all marketing material which we are using for our school.
After that i am planning to work on different networking sites.

My university has just started to really get into social media. I feel that it is good for advertising and initially contacting students. I don't feel that is a good place to keep in contact with students though. With all the privacy laws and identification requirements needed now a days, it is much more difficult to keep it secure through social media. Does anyone else feel that way?

Social networking is very vital in today's success. Sometimes I think too much.

Social networking takes away the personal one-on-one. People make decisions based on these sites, than rather going in and speaking with the school. Many students only want to be contacted by email, stating do not call. You don't see or feel the passion, the knowledge, or the ambiance based on an email.

I think social networking is important for communicating with students. Being able to link your facebook, twitter, linked in, etc pages with your online course work has been something that is unique to my institution. Marketing on social media is beneficial as well because it has tracking capabilities that are not associated with television and radio.

We have our own page on Facebook, and we are continuing to promote it for information about different campuses. It is a great tool!

It is very much an effective mway to communicate what we offer in today's marketing... We (Harrison College) have a particular way to intergrate facebook and /or twitter to communicate with or students. It's called KnowU and it's like a virtual campus for online students to have custiomized to the way they learn and communicate among fellow students (allowing them to use facebook and twitter).

It gives a good way to be able to communicate between faculity and PGE's. Gives the student more opportunities to engage in a conversation with the school. Learning about personality of our potential students, along with more information about the campus.

The popularity of social networking sites does affect communications with prospective students. When students attend a specific institution how they regard this instition will determine whether or not a prospect student attends. It is close to word of mouth advertising. If a student has a bad experience then they will tell someone then it will affect the prospect students feel about attending that institution.

In regards to the marketing plan. I am not aware of what our marketing plan is.

I think that being able to connect with prospective students via Social Media should be an integral part of the school's system. As times change, so should online education.

Yes, the MAOS have several organizations along with externships involvements with the students. Facebook is another avenue the school networks. This gives free advertisement and great results.
Thanks

I have been surprised that social networking took a little while to make its way to my school's marketing campaign. Excellent marketing opportunity!

Facebook and twitter has given us the ability to communicate with prospective students in a more timely manner than waiting for a phone call or response to an email.
Our social media manager handles any requests almost immediately.

Honestly social networking sites are probably the best tool to utilize and get through to a prospective student in today's age because that is global and the impact of the social media is stronger than education itself these days! Allowing students to work online through a similar site that can be worked as if it is a social media network is a benefit to the student and a great sales point when enrolling a student. I'm not that in to social media but it is a good tool and a win win for the rep, school, and student.

I feel that social networking has had a huge impact on communication with prospective students. Social networking enables a school to reach such a vast, wide-varietied audience and in multiple ways; whether it's simply an event on facebook about a new enrollment period, a tweet on twitter giving information about your school or an advertisement on facebook inviting users to "like" the school's page. Social media is ever expanding and can be used as a very effective outlet to reach prospective students.

We are looking into but not as yet but in near future ..Because it gets out to several students quickly..

In most cases social media is a free way for schools to provide information for their students and prospective students.

However, from a corporation standpoint, we have to be very careful about what can be posted and adversitised. In most cases, we have to have corporate approvals before we can put anything out on any social media site.

My institution actually has incorporated the use of Facebook to assist with communication with current students and alumni. This is especially useful in areas like placement. We do, however, warn prospects and students alike about the dangers of social media and how it could be harmful to your career.

While I havent seen a Marketing Plan yet that uses social networking, I believe it's something that can greately affect prospective students due to the popularity and the easy access to social media.

Sign In to comment