Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Yes! Our school does have a marketing plan that includes social media. I have found though that the majority of our leads are not generated through this medium. However the need for a website that is mobile friendly is paramount to the success of an admissions department.

Our school has established social media sites. However, has not started a plan to use them to their full potential. What are some ideas to get our social media started. Such as, facebook for example.

Social networking sites have broadened the reach of the marketing team as we have an opportunity for far reaching free advertising from former / current students and friends of the school.

My school does have a marketing plan regarding SN marketing and is solely handled by our marketing team.

I agree this happens all of the time. Students that have complaints about the school are posting for everyone to see and quite often it is only one side of the story.

My school is fairly new and is working to put social networks in place. I feel the more a potential student sees or hears our name and with positive feedback, the more likely they are to call and set up an interview and take a tour of our facility.

No, my school currently doesn't use social media like facebook or twitter. I plan to create a LinkedIn page and I am considering a facebook page, but I have serious reservations about facebook and twitter. In my personal experience there is far too much negativity and slandering taking place and often times by people who you can't identify easily. A negative post, even if false and proven to be so, can still leave a negative impression upon a potential student.

Although our student population is quite diverse, our official Facebook page sees a lot of activity. We do not use it for "marketing" but rather to announce student activities, student achievements, graduate profiles, contests, holidays, weather warnings, etc. In a very short time, it has achieved high success as a communications tool.

I agree because networking sites offer too much information that could hinder the reputation of a school just by one bad word of month from a student.

People sometimes feel the need to communicate to anyone over social networking. This is potentially a HUGE compliance issue. My school does have a social networking market strategy.

We currently don't use social networks in our marketing plans. I believe today's students are more tuned into using social network sites and are more likely to respond to such media.
On the flip side of the coin I believe using network media sites has created a population that is not learning to interact with people on a one on one, face to face basis. I believe there needs to be a balance and recognize the lack of people skills in a generation that is used to communicating through these media sites.

I agree with Kelly's comment inasmuch as it seems the students with a complaint seem to blow it all out of proportion and put it all over the social media network. Students who are completely satisfied with their experience don't seem so apt to spread their satisfaction around as much. The social media issue can work both ways.

We have taken full advantage of the social media craze by developing a student portal that caters to the social media community, all while fulfilling our students' academic needs.

the social networking sites can have a positive and negative on a students, decision. yes i believe our school does have a marketing plan.

I previously worked for an on-line institution that had one person who monitored the school's Facebook page. When a student went on a tirade about something, justified or no, that one person was the only one to address the issue. If he needed to alert other departments he would reach out. It eliminated the "he said, she said" issue and established a sense of consistency.

I am eager to present the idea of using social media more in our marketing plan. Right now it is very traditional. We are still small, less than 200 students,and a lot of our leads are generated by word-of-mouth. Utilizing Facebook or Twitter can spread the word further.

It seems social networking sites are mostly used by students already enrolled in an institution. For instance, students may sign up for updates from their school via Facebook.

I do not believe our institution advertises through this medium. However, attending other institutions, I've used social media to keep updated with certain classes.

Opinions do weigh on a prospective student heavily. Social media can provide false facts and bad oipinions, but can also shed light on a great option for students. Some things may be negative, but hopefully the prospective student sees from social media that enrolling will be their best option.

Yes. Our school takes advantage of those resources, I believe it makes students feel more connected to the school as a whole. They can ask questions and connect with other students they may not meet otherwise. It also gives them the chance to connect with alumni and network for possible job opportunities.

At this institution there is a service in place called Know U. This a service that is similar to some of the popular social media sites that allows our online students to connect and recieve support while taking classes.

KnowU is a great service for our students as well and I believe the students love it.

Sign In to comment