Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Social networking will definitely be apart of our marketing staragey. Alot of people spend time on social media, so to have a page up will help drum up interest in the school.

I noticed when applying for my new position that I began receiving facebook ads once I visited the website. Almost a month later and I still see them popping up, so I can imagine it being a useful tool to help attract potential students to actually follow through with their interest on a day where they could be feeling perticularly motivated and see the ad when logging in to facebook or other social media sites.

Yes we are active on Facebook and Twitter.

I am alson unaware of the way my school uses the social media aspect, but today I am going to get informed. I know of at least two other employees that use it as a tool, maybe I could be the third.

Here at the institution that I work for, our social networking presence has greatly expanded in recent years. I have noticed that the content is generally positive, but when the online library is down or online access is limited due to system maintenance or some sort of glitch, then the negative posts and snarky comments from students fill up the entire newsfeed. Rather than getting caught up in the negativity however, it is important for students to remember that online access and libraries are usually up back and runnning in reasonable amounts of time and most professors are willing to look at the possibility of extending firm deadlines if there is some limited online access or issues. At its best social media can be helpful in broadcasting a quick response to many users when online issues are being worked on as well as when they are completely fixed. Such communication is here to stay and will play a vital part of any successful higher educational institution going forward.

Social networking sites like facebook and twitter can be a double edged sword. They can be a powerful tool in growing the relationship with prospective students, but if not used appropriately can do incredible amounts of damage. We do have a marketing plan that includes social media as well as training and a policy for how it is to be used.

I believe it is import to have a strong presents in social networking sites. With the popularity of social media sites it is import to use them to positively affect your school. This could be by using them to advertise or contact/stay in contact with prospective students. With students these days on the internet so much contacting them through facebook or other sites can be more affective and quicker than just calling.

Yes and yes. My school has a marketing plan that include the use of social networking sites. This is also an area that I plan to develop at the campuses I support.

Honestly I have to say that I have seen limited exsposure along these lines and little to no reference to them from a students perspective. I have used them before and yes they do take alomst 24-7 work to stay up to date and keep ahead of trending issues on the sight.

Communication has jumped up over a thousand percent thanks to Face book, twitter, etc. Wyotech does have a marketing plan that includes a social networking site. One of our networking site we have is facebook.

These social networking sites have definitely 'changed the game' in my opinion. I say this because these are more tools to market not only for the schools but for the student's, grads, prospects to all go to and post as well. So if your school has a bad reputation or anything like that chances are it will be posted online for others to see, likewise if your school has a really good reputation the same thing can happen........Either way this is the way it will be for a long time to come since social media is taking over!

Social networking sites such as facebook, twitter, etc....are really changing the game in my opinion. The reason I say this is because these sites not only help marketing for the schools in a way but they can hurt the schools. I say this because prospects, currents, and grads can and will post on threads about the school and word will get around, so If your school has a bad reputation chances are it's posted, likewise if they have a good reputation it is on a feed or thread somewhere.

I love the fact that we are interacting on social networks, it really broadens our demographics with students.

I believe that to communicate with the younger group of prospective students it is important to use social media. Most students are not looking for information on television or in print; they want information immediately on their mobile devices or computers. Most information can be found at the touch of a button. It is also important to show potential students that your school is up to date with all forms of communication, especially if your school offers technology based training.

I feel like using a social networking site such as Facebook can have both positive and negative outcomes for prospective students. On the positive side, you can reach a lot of people through Facebook. Many people from all different age ranges have a Facebook and could see an ad for the school on there pretty easily. On the negative side, the school could post something on the site and someone could make a comment that makes the school look bad. It only takes one unhappy student to ruin the outlook for people who may just be thinking about contacting the school.

Social networking sites have risen in the last decade and it is a crucial part of marketing in today's society. Our school implements the social sites to promote the schools programs, but you have to be careful the amount of interaction that takes place in that format. The information given to students has to be professional, accurate, and have no ties to your personal accounts due to fraternization rules. All in all they are a good tool to use to market in different areas.

Social networking, when done correctly, can definitely be a wonderful resource. We use it to highlight student accomplishments, events on campus, and even closures due to weather etc. Students will also feel proud and post on their when they find gainful employment. When monitored properly, this can be a positive experience for students and prospects.

These sites are great for communication purposes but can be misconstrued because they tend to lack adequate detail necessary to paint the full picture of what resources are available at the campus. My campus has a policy about this. I believe it's important to have a uniform, consistent message coming from the same source if your school is wanting to utilize social networking for prospecting purposes.

yes we most definitely do.

social networking sites is a great tool to use when communicating with prospective students. Our school, on a national level, does have a facebook website and twitter account. However, I believe that we should have our own personal site for our specific campus, and have someone on campus designated to maintaining that site and as a representative we can definintely market on those social networking sites. WE could make more of an effort in this department.

Sign In to comment