Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I feel like the enrollment agreement should be covered in detail. This is important information that they understand. Again, we cover it all during the interview process, but I don't think the EA should be glossed over.

I feel like the enrollment agreement should be covered in detail. This is important information that they understand. Again, we cover it all during the interview process, but I don't think the EA should be glossed over.

To me, it is scary how few questions most students ask during the enrollment process. I consider myself a very detail oriented person so I tend ask a lot of questions myself, but I am shocked at how some students don't ask many questions during the process. My school has a good "check and balance" system where we make sure to address a wide range of topics for questions students should be asking and I find myself pointing out the relevane to "why" they should know this or want to know certain things.

Jason,

Do you think its a case of "information overload"? The student is getting so much information in a short amount of time that its difficult to focus on what it is really important. How do you think the process could be improved?

John Ware

Henry,

Good point. The enrollment agreement is the contract between the student and the school and its important that the student understand whats in the contract.

John Ware

Absolutely! We get a lot of questions during the admission process. People are more likely to ask questions during the process than after. The admission process is new to most students and some parents, so you can generate really good questions during that time. It is also nice to have policies available for students and parents to review and use a reference if they should have further questions.

I don't see where they do look for too many policies at this point as they should be fully informed at this point of the process. If they do have any questions, they are ones where they are easy to answer at this point.

Most of the information on the enrollment agreement have been touched on during the tour of the school. Some of the the questions that might come up refund policy, payment, no guarantee of employment.

I agree, is there a way to make sure you are keeping up to date? Also, do regulations typically change often?

Yes - students are far more educated today on the ramifications of signing documents without a clear understanding of the content.

No; the training I encountered in the interview process seem to minimize questions due to the presentation of the information by the admissions rep I trained with; she was extremely thorough.

No. I find that most students allow themselves to be guided thru the paperwork. Reps must do an adequate job of making sure that they cover everything.

I don't find they ask that many questions they are more concerned about the cost of tuition how financial aid works and how long it takes to get the degree.

Yes they do and since it is all new the enrollment agreement is a good way of reference and knowledge to the student. Plus they get a copy to refer back to.

Yes they do because it is new to them. So going over it in detail and providing a copy will help.

I agree. Typically you are talking and asking questions with the prospective student and through the discussion you discuss many of their concerns/questions. By the time you come to the enrollment agreement there may ony be a few basic questions that have not been covered. I would ask myself to reflect on earlier conversations if the prospective student had a great number of questions at this point. I would feel as though I did not do my job correct by covering the information prior to the enrollment agreement. Use that as a learning experience and seek guidance.

No they do not ask as many questions. I think they are figuring out other things and are excited about going back to school before they dig into the details.

Yes, I believe the enrollment session is the best way to initially educate the potential student of enrollment agreement questions and concerns.

Actually no, I highlight the bullet points with a synopsis of our policies or statements of our school's enrollment agreement. I encourage student's to read our enrollment agreement inside the folder each student receives at interview.

I am not aware of that process as I support Admissions from a remote location outside of the campus.

Sign In to comment