Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I feel that my students ask a lot of questions pertaining to the policies and statemetns contained in my school's enrollment agreement if I do not fully explain everything on the enrollment agreement in detail. I believe it is important for me to fully explain in detail everything in the enrollment agreement; so the perspective student can fully understand the agreement and spends their time formulating other questions.

Most students have read the information and do have questions that
usually relate to financial aid,payment schedules, refunds and emploment data.

Justina,

Does your school have a procedure in place for prospective students that state they have a disability?

Kimberly Stein

Hi Kimberly,

Yes once a student self-discloses they have a disability we provide them with a list of documentation they need to gather and the Dean's contact information to forward the necessary documentation. We also inform the student they will be notified by written letter and phone call from the Dean explaning the reasons we are able or unable to accomodate their disclosed disability.

The students I have worked with have expressed their appreciation of the transparency of our processes and the timely follow up regarding the disability accomodation request.

I allow the students to ask as many questions as possible and once I answer the question, I ask a clarifying question to ensure they understand. In my experience, most students are concerened mostly with the cost of tuition, financial aid possibilities and also the logistics of the program.

I occasionally have assisted some student's who have specific needs according to a disability. In this instance, I will give the student the requirements based on our School policy.

Justina,

Thank you for explaining your how your school handles this. It sounds like they have a very efficient procedure in place.

Kimberly Stein

I think that potential students that are aware may ask. But people that are inquiring and eager to enroll tend to fall back on past experiences with admissions to guide them instead of reviewing the process of their current school. It is required of us to make sure that they understand what is expected of them through the enrollment process.

I have not found many students who ask questions from the enrollment agreement. I think this is because we cover polcies and expectations throughout the process, which is a really great thing!

Yes I do. Some questions they ask are money related, cancelation policies, attendance issues.

Rarely. Many of the prospectsive students have read through the policies and procedures of the university well before they fill out an enrollment agreement. The few questions that we get from prospects are in regards to why certain documents need to be on file with the University. For example a student wants to know why we need to have an official high school transcript on file wit the univeristy.

I do not normally get asked about our enrollment policies during the admissions process. Prospects are not usually focusing on that during this stage.

Most of the questions I get during the enrollment process have to do with cancelation, grades, and graduation requirements. Very rarely do I get a question about procedures.

I have found that in most instances, they do not always take the time to read these carefully. I make sure to always go over all documents in depth with the student to make sure that they are aware of each section of the agreement as well as how it pertains to them personally. They find this helpful and I have found that the more throughout I am, the less questions and butterflies they have has the move through the new student process.

I find that most students ask questions before they submit the application. We have a stronger prospect student base that wants to make sure they are applying to the best institution for them. When they get to the admissions process they are basically prompted in what will happen during that process.

I do not get enrollment agreement questions, but I get alot about the admissions process, how to get transcript credit evaluations, cost of tuition etc.

Most questions we get are typically about tuition and the type of courses they can expect to take, as well as the time frame for completing their classes.

A career with a University is a completely new experience for me. However with the investment that the students will be making, I believe it is the responsibility of my admissions staff to be completely informed on policies in attempts to put the students at ease when making the decision. Even though I am new to the Director of Admissions position, I am going into it requiring that my staff is well educated, and honest in everything they do. This will bring credibility not only to the university, but to them as well.

I have found that students primary questions are about program cost and length. They want to know what to pay and how long it will take to graduate

No, initially I do not, which is why I end every conversation and email with, please contact me when questions arise. The more a prospective students thinks about returning to school, the more information they require.

No I do not. I get more questions regarding filling out the forms and such. Rarely do I get any questions regarding our enrollment agreement.

Sign In to comment