Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I dont personally think that the students ask enough questions. I think its informatino overload and they are just excited to begin.

I agree with this. I try to be more thorough for the student so I know they can understand. especially since they have a lot of paperwork to sign.

I feel that the perspective students don't always know what to ask. They are often excited/nervous about the situation and are unable to think about questions they may have. It's always a great idea to tell the students to bring questions with them to the interview that way they won't forget.

I have found that most students do not ask many questions at all about the enrollment agreement, which is why we need to insure that we cover it throughly when speaking to them.

Occasionally I will get a more savvy student who is concerned with every aspect of the enrollment agreement and certain polices in the catalog. Most generally I think they don't ask too much. It is important to make sure that they do understand what they are signing.

They ask more financial aid questions than anything. They don't ask questions about refund policies and such.

I have noticed that they do ask good questions. But I still cover everything to make sure, the student is well infomred so they make the best possible decision. This will also uncover questions that the student did not think of to ask.

I have found that many of them do not take the time to review the school's policies or statements for our enrollment agreement. We try to hit as much as we can over the phone. But once again we can't cover everything for the student.

I find that they are well informed through constant communication and they assigned and admissions rep. along with a student services rep, and an academic advisor to keep them informed and to answer any questions that they may have.

In my experience, many students do ask questions when its time to go over the enrollment agreement. When students don't ask questions, I make it a point to ask them questions such as "Does this make sense?" just to make sure they understand everything we are going over at the time.

Yes, the majority of students asked questions so they are fully aware of our policies and of they don't I make sure I ask them questions to make sure they understand everything.

I find that it depends on the student. Younger students who have not been through an enrollment agreement before are asking less questions. This is completely new to them, so they would rather have things explained than ask questions themselves (for the most part). Older students, who potentially have taken classes at another school before are asking more questions. They know the information that they need to know in the agreement.

As a general rule, I do not find that they ask many questions. Of the questions I do receive, most are related to the impact on their financial aid in relation to a leave of absence or withdrawal from the program.

Yes, most students do ask many questions during this time, it is important that they understand everything included in the enrollment agreement and is a leagally binding document. that will be signed by student. Most need clear definitions of the requirements and get clarifications if asked by the student.

I find that the majority of my potential students ask only the most obvious two questions; how much is the tuition, and how long is the program. That said it is absolutely vital that all statement on the enrollment agreement be brought to light and explained in detail. Most don’t even realize, or have not considered that they have the right to file a complaint if need be, nor do they consider the need for a cancellation policy as their initial enthusiasm prevents the thought of it. Providing the student with these considerations is very rewarding especially when we can see the light go on.

That is true to an extent but typically I would think students would be more interested in sitting through a class that they are initially interested in. Thoughts?

I have found the same things. They are too quick to sign whatever they need to just to get done with the paperwork & move on to the next thing on their agenda for the day. I also take the time to make sure we go over everything in depth & ask them questions to make sure they understand what they have read. I turn it into an interactive discussion rather than just going through the motions. Leads to less questions later!

Since my department is only the student's preliminary contact, we stick to basic answers about tuition and program dates/sizes. Our primary goal is to get the student in the door to meet with an Admissions Representative who then talks to them about more of the enrollment details.

No. Even though we take them through a comprehensive interview, we still have some students that are unclear about certain things. There seem to be items that are more questioned than others.

I usually don't put the enrollment agreement back i front of them until I know they understand. After they initial a section I pull it back and go over each section to make sure they don't have questions before signing again.

Sign In to comment