Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As a new rep there are many trainings that must be completed that are then followed by an assesment. This course, in addition to the other trainings, are very helpful.

Yes, a very structured training program exists. Compliance training is part of the new hire and ongoing training in admissions and school-wide.

Yes our insitution has an extensive training program. The biggest protion of the program is compliance. As it is with everything at our campus compliance is of the utmost importance and something I am very aware of!

I am a new hire and I have been told that on top of my licensing training I will have several company webinars to complete for my training. The webinars cover everything from safety to the history of education. There are sections on compliance, company specific policies, how to use our database, etc. I have only completed a few of these trainings but I have found them to be very informative and easy to listen to.

Yes, we have an internal training process that focuses directly on compliance. We also do a lot of shadowing and practice appointment to get us comfortable with the entire process. I feel there is only so much you can learn from class work so hands on learning is extremely importance.

We do. It's referred to here as "boot camp" and is said to be very intense. I am scheduled to start next week. I just started this job 2 days ago so I am excited to learn the ins and outs of the job!

Yes, we have a thorough training program that discusses compliance with regulations extensively. Ours begins with three weeks of classroom training with compliance issues taught and discussed throughout, followed by certifications and then on-going training once we begin interacting with potential students.

Hello,
I'm an Admissions rep and have been for the past 4 years. We have continuous internal training which helps us stay focused on compliance and governing body regulations. My particular campus has switched the focus more so on customer service to make sure that all staff is doing everything necessary for the student.

During our weekly meetings, we always share best practices amongst all the campuses...keeps you refreshed.

I am currently in my third day of training and the first two days were focused entirely on regulations regarding admissions. There is a lot to learn, but I have a great teacher and this course has been very informative.

We are not hiring in new admissions reps currently. I do know that our Admissions Team together with our Educational Funding Department, has very strict and detailed procedures. I do not know if there is a formalized training program, as we do not generally bring in new hires. I do believe that our main campus (we are one of 13) does however have agent training programs, including detailed programs for managers and directors.

My institution is still small, with only 3 admissions reps. I started 4 months ago in Financial Aid, but have moved into a new role in the student success area. Part of my responsibilities will include working with students who may be re-entering the school after a period of time less than 12 months. So far this is the only training that has been provided to me in order to learn admissions regulations. However, I do have some knowledge of our policies and procedures.

I predict that our new hire training is going to increase as we continue to grow.

Yes we have a 2 week program that encompasses not only compliance with state/federal/accreditation regulations but also honing in on advanced listening skills to have us ready to answer a prospective student's question completely.

Compliance with state/federal/accreditation is emphasized heavily due to the fact that it is incredibly important.

Im a new hire and a majority of our training is focused on compliance. We are trained what to say to prospective students and learning about accreditations.

I think that taking comprehnsive notes are vital to success. Understanding fully what is expected of you is crucial to performing your job well.

I am a new hire and our school does have an internal training program for new agents/admissions reps. Our training program lasts three weeks.

During our training we spend a great deal of time on compliance with state/federal/and accreditation regulations. Compliance is one of our schools values.

Yes we have internal training programs. Much of the first week was spent on accreditation and compliance information.

We have an internal training program in place, and one of my future responsibilities is to update and improve the training process.

I am a new hire as well so i do not know if there is a schedule for contiued training. What I do know is that managment seems to be very compliant driven , so I am confident I will get the tools I need to be sucessful.

Sign In to comment