Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

When preparing a five year plans it involves everyone,.

I like the idea of the rolling period for planning

The five year plan is strategically for a University to work. It provides great ideas for development. 

5 years plan make the difference. 

The Five Year Plan will strengthen and solidify the future for our school and the workforce in our state. It shows how to anticipate changes for the needs of our school students andsthe workforce . 

It is important to complete a full DACUM with the proposal of a new program.

A five-year plan is an effective tool to fortify institutional goals for the long haul. There are many questions to consider and it's best to ensure you have a diverse team composed of constituents and to strive for broad representation. This team will share ideas, but it's imperative a tone is set to encourage all ideas are great. When diving into educational programs, focus on questions that draw the ideas forward and assess what you currently have. Consider articulation agreements with other schools and remember to be adaptable.

It is important to evaluate existing programs (enrollment, tuition, viability) in addition to potential new programs when preparing your 5-year plan.

Inclusiveness of planning group is very important

It is vital for an institution to develop a five year plan. This allows the institution's vision to expand, strengthen and measure tangible positive outcomes.

I am from the Sacramento UTI Campus.  Is anyone using a 5 year plan on our campus?  If So, I would like to become more involved in this type of Opportunities to help our school grow and strive.

The 5-year plan learned through these scenarios will really help us implement our own 5 year plan.

The five year is really a road map for success to reach your daily, Monthly and even the yearly goal.

It is important to plan because it gives you a sense of direction and I think the most important thing it does is it instils motivation in employees.

Planning and budgeting are essentials in order to stablish the foundations for a strong and successful institution. 

I work for an educator preparation company that provides a route to alternative certification for classroom teachers. As such, our students do not qualify for federal funds/grants.  The section on alternative forms of funding makes me want to investigate this avenue more for our students. 

I've learned that it not only helps for the development of the business in the mid term but it gives the staff the confidence to help with their best ideas and effort to make it work and it gives a good perspective to a possible business buyer.

I can start by holding meetings with the staff to bring on the table new ideas and talk about their point of view in the near future of the business 

A comprehensive five-year plan serves as a powerful signal to employees, indicating the institution's commitment to continual expansion and development. This assurance fosters a sense of stability among staff, consequently boosting retention rates. Moreover, a strategic emphasis on minimizing retraining efforts for position refills not only curtails costs but also mitigates employee burnout, fostering enduring organizational coherence. As the five-year plan engages multiple stakeholders in its formulation and execution, a collective investment is cultivated, fostering a shared sense of dedication and ownership among all participants. Planning plays a pivotal role within an institution.

Developing a comprehensive five-year plan for an educational institution is a multifaceted endeavor that requires careful consideration and foresight. It begins with laying the groundwork through basic planning and initial steps. The initial phase involves a deep assessment of the institution's current state, identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT analysis). This step is vital in understanding the internal and external factors affecting the institution. Concurrently, engaging stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, and community partners, is crucial for obtaining diverse perspectives and buy-in. 

I particularly like the fact that creating a 5-year plan conveys to all the constituents that "we're here to stay".  And the discipline of following a plan really improves the chances of success.

Sign In to comment