Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

the effective presenter needs to know about the audience and what will hook their interest and keep them engaged. You will need to know your subject very well so when asked questions you will be credible. Try to be friendly and confident while talking to the group and not looking over the top.

WILLIAM,
all of these are great suggestions to ensure an effective presentation.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Know your audience, know the key points, know your time limits, practice.

Know your audience, be confident in your material to be presented and have an effective way to assess the audience in summary.

Kristy,
these are all key ways to make sure we are effective in our presentations.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Know you audience
Be confident in the material you are discussing
Breathe and stay focused, not getting distracted or veer off the topic

Be prepared, speak clearly and concisely, know your audience and relax

Shannon,
these are all great ways to help ensure an effective presentation occurs.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

To delivery an effective presentation there are many things to keep in mind, from the simplistic and beyond. I think my top three are: Know what you are talking about and be comfortable with the topic. If you don’t know you the topic well it may shine through in your presentation. Know your audience and their comfort level with the topic. Speaking over their heads or down to them is problematic. Be well rested and positive. I find it very hard to arrange my thoughts and keep a believable smile on my face if I am out of sorts.

Paul,
this is why I highly recommend arriving at your presentation destination well in advance so you are not rushed & flustered.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Be prepared, practice, move about to involve everyone, be engaging and keep thing interesting. Enjoy what you are doing it will show in your presintation.

I have a question - how much animiation should you use in a presentation ? Can tooooo much detract from your presentation ?

Michael,
short answer is yes, it can detract. I think you have to gauge your audience & the topic. Personally, I'm not a big fan of hardly any animation at all, but it can be effectively used, but definitely think minimalist.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Define your objectives, know your audience, organize your points

heidi,
and I would say to articulate your objectives to your audience is key as well

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

First is to be prepare.
second had insight
third relax

Knowing your audience is an essential element in preparing for a presentation. It is also vital that one has a clear idea of the purpose of the presentation. Prepare in depth and lastly keep it simple and as engaging as possible.

The three things to remember are: know your content; prepare for the presentation; and very importantly engage your audience. If you're not relaxed as well as prepared, your audience won't be able to relax and focus on your content.

Maria,
audience analysis is so key, as I might have great content, but if I deliver it in a way that is ineffective for this audience, I loose.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Russell,
yes, while we will always be a little nervous & that helps with energy, the more relaxed we can be, the better we will communicate with our audience.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment