Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Meeting Management | Origin: ML114

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Meeting Management 

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I learned how to manage chaotic situations in the meetings. 

Brainstorming for a meeting best to have no more than 18 participants.

My biggest take-away from this course was learning the differnt decision- making methods and deciphering when a group or leader should determine a final decision. I also learned about how accountability impacts who the decision maker is. Lastly,this made me reflect on majority vs consensus and how it can be applied to decision- making in my organization. 

I learned ways to manage good meeting going bad. Also leared how and when to make certain decisions. I have also learned the role of a leader in meeting. I have learned how to create a meeting agenda.

My biggest teke away is the importance of summarizing the meeting outcome and the next steps/ action plan to insure that progress icontinues to be made made outside the meetings.

I have learned that a lot of these ideas i can use in my meeting this week 

I AM REMINDED OF THE IMPORTANCE OF SENDING OUT A MEETING AGENDA IN ADVANCE OF A MEETING WITH A CLEAR AGENDA AND GOAL(S) WITH ANY INFORMATION THAT CAN HELP PARTICIPANTS COME PREPARED TO DISCUSS, BRAINSTORM OR MAKE A DECISION.

Meetings should have a goal; not just a regularly scheduled 'get together' to go over what is happening. It is important to splan to accomplish specific tasks, rather than just rely on progress occurring because the team got together to discuss "things>"

A top takeaway from this course was the “8-18-1800” rule: To problem or make a decision, invite no more than eight people. To brainstorm it could help to have as many as 18 people. And o moitvate or "rally troops" - more is better and go up to 1800 

all meetings need's goal. if you having a brain storming meeting you need to invite more. Use the 8-18-1800 rule. I guess you can say the more the merrie. Great learning experience.

I learned how to deal with common meeting problems and how to determine how many people to invite to a meeting based on type of meeting.  Meetings need to have a firm purpose, not just meeting-to-meet.  Participants will appreciate that.

No more than 18 in a brainstorming group

It's important for there to be goals in meetings. With a sense of purpose, all team members or participants will appreciate it and feel valued.  

Having goals for a meeting is essential. If you are brain storming you should use the “8-18-1800” rule. Great training. 

I like how it gave tips on how to handle people who talk over others and command the meeting times

Agree with Christy, on how to handle people who talk over others and command the meeting.

Sign In to comment