Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What common challenges would you say significantly impede team progress?

I noticed that the common problem our team has that impedes progress is people not paying attention. In our managers’ meetings side discussions are going on and those people are missing the information that is being gone over. As a result we end up having to discuss the topic a second and sometime third time.

Karen,
This behavior shows a lack of respect for the team leader and the rest of the team. This should not be tolerated! There are several things you can do to modify this rude behavior: 1. speak to individual team members privately. 2. stop the discussion and SAY...there can be only one discussion at a time. Would you like to share your discussion. Embarrassing..yes...but effective and sometimes necessary. you should never have to repeat...this just reinforces the bad behavior and is not fair to those team members that are paying attention.

Ron Obstfeld

Prior to our team meeting we email the attendees the writen agenda. This agenda includes a synopsis of the previous meeting, current goals and objectives, and end of meeting action plan.
Going forward I plan to introduce our team to the principles of Groupthinking to produce more efficient meeting results.

Walter,

Let me know how it is received and any results you may achieve.

Ron Obstfeld

Sign In to comment