Understanding students personalities can help instructors with assignment of groups and how to deal with issues related to personalities. Instructors should understand thier own personalities to ensure that they are able to relate or deal to students.
How Jung Principle psychological function relates to your antatomy makeup. nMBTI is designed to measure humar behavior.
I believe using a self assesment prior to starting a new class, will help the instructor to get to know their students. I think it would be beneficial for the instructor to share their results with the new class as well. Understanding the personality of someone, helps you to understand each other better.
I have also learned that you can have a combination of the personality traits which causes much anxiety within yourself.
Learning about the different personality traits like Phlegmatic allows you not to judge or label a student but more understand how their personality affects their studies. Knowing this you can best serve your students.