Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Wayne ,

You make great points. Yes, your relationship with the students is the cornerstone.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Darcy,

You are so right!!! I am not sure when students thought they didn't have to read to learn; in any environment. Student centered also means student responsible and we have to hold them to it!

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Errol,

True, it is important that we all take feedback seriously. I actually will record feedback at times just to add a more human touch.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Detra,

You make such a great point. You have to give students resources to improve and we should not forget the importance of giving feedback on what the do right!

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Emily,

I think you have the three key words; professional, authentic, and respectful. That's what you want in the business world also!

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Loriann,

You are right! I also think we sometimes shortchange students in the area of positive feedback.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Darren,

Yes, you are right. Timing is everything.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Dana ,

What a great point. You have to have a plan and SHARE it!!! I think we expect the student know the plan.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Melissa,

I agree with all of your post. I think the time on task is overlooked. They are weak in time management but don't have a faculty reminding them all of the time.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Denise,

True! We as instructors have a "plan" along with expectations. good post.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Jeanette,

Yes, I think we overlook time management weakness in students. I think you are smart to address this.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Erin,

You are right. It is important to teach prioritization.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Jack,

I think you are correct. Students need to know why; I think that is fair!

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

George,

You are right. I think students mistaken online learning as a passive experience. We have to change that!

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Amos,

The challenge will be have to be on us (instructors) to develop courses that involve these characteristics.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Michael,

Great post! You have described our biggest challenge; fostering cooperative engagement. it is so easy to avoid much like setting in the back row of a theater classroom.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Michael,

You make a great point, isolation is the online and f2f student's greatest enemy. What do we do when any student doesn't attend class? Also, real life applications adds relevance to students.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Susan,

What a great post! You articulate well the principles. These do add so many dimensions to the work environment.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Rachelle,

That is so true. When the instructor is engaged the students are. Also, you have to tell your story about time managment also. Great post.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Rachelle,

Prompt feedback is key. It should also be relevant and detailed. Good post.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Sign In to comment