Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Great module

Hello,

This course reminded me of the importance of my influence as an online instructor in my course. It is very important to project my authority and presence from a distance for my online students.  As I was completing this training, I realized that I always have these four different types of learners in my course. This training taught me how to deal with my noisy learners by sending them an email personally to advise them to remain on the existing thread. For my quiet learner, I can ask them a direct question to have them share their ideas or thoughts. Another topic I learned was to entice the learners to interact with each other by responding to groups of related responses and encouraging them to comment on a selected learner’s response.

Cassandre Milien, MSN

Good points Cassandre, Optimizing student interaction early is important, as it takes one to two weeks to know your different student personality types I try to interact early with the Student Lounge, the welcome video, and create an approachable tone. I use a color code dot each week over each student who I have responded to, so I keep my responses balanced throughout the course.

Hi Cassandre

I agree with you in termes of becoming a better teacher when taking this class. This is by far a better class than I have taken before in terms of learning how to become more effective and helpful teacher. 

In this course fortunately I am  learning the details on how to work with individuals considering the fact that each student is a unique individual and should be helpef in a very specific manner that works for some but not for others. This feature can not be aplied in a on campus class. 

Sign In to comment