Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Mantener a los estudiantes en linea, motivados y generando aprendizaje es complicado ya que tenemos los distractores educativos en todo momento y situación, asi que la gestión del tiempo y poder controlar estos distractores son básicos para que nuestros estudiantes realmente generen un aprendizaje óptimo y no solo cumplan por cumplir y aprobar. 

Timely and meaningful feedback is important.

I like the idea of the 7 points of good education as a way to help us as instructors to stay focused on why we are actually teaching online.

I teach computer science, and you can't replicate the feeling of attaching/removing a SATA cable in your hand in a virtual environment.

One of the most effective ways I know to increase student engagement is to reach out to students on a regular basis.  This can be emails, chats, group discussions, etc.  

My big takeaway is communication is absolutely essential for student success in the asynchronous environment.  Communicate early and often.  Use gamification to assist students in modeling the desired behaviors/course expectations.  Provide timely and constructive feedback - areas for improvement as well as excellence in execution.

Giving timely, constructive feedback is crucial to the growth and success of the students. This assists with keeping the students engaged and on track. 

Students who are in a asynchronous course need to be good managers of their time and the instructor needs to be committed to replying to the students posts in a timely fashion and remind the students of completing assignments on time

Students definitely should be engaged throughout the course to gauge what they were taught by the materials, teacher, and fellow students. To be able to communicate with each other on an asynchronous platform can be challenging at times.

Feed back and grading is very important as well as having a presents in the class so the student does not feel alone.

Sign In to comment