Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I am always postive and it is important that my studetns are not only enagement but comfortabel enough to ask questions without feeling like they are wrong.

Tammy , a great classroom allows the students to connect in a positive way.

Michele Deck

I tend to be very animated. I generally don't have difficulty keeping students' attention. I enjoy listening to people who are interesting as opposed to dry. If I add activities to my animated lecture material, it should prove to only make my topics more fun and engaging.

I engage students in interesting topics...related to the subject matter of the day...and also to current events

Bethanne, it is a gift to be naturally animated. If you can make your classes interesting, the students will be more engaged.

Michele Deck

catherine, you are smart to relate career topics to current events. That shows the learners relevance.

Michele Deck

I would enjoy seeing how I am perceived by others. It would also be beneficial to see teaching strategies that seem more engaging as well as teaching strategies that might need more improvement.

stacy, it would be great if we knew how we are perceived. Thanks for taking the course.

Michele Deck

I strongly believe that learning in the field I choose: medical field is somthing you begin....but really never ends...learning in this or any field,is for the rest of our lives...something that never ends...everyday we learn something new...

It would be advantageous to see if the methods that I use to help students retain information would work for myself.

Nicolas, I agree that it is a professional necessity to be a life long learner in the medical field.

Michele Deck

Louise, that would be an interesting comparison. Most instructors teach to their own dominant style.

Michele Deck

I believe that every time you teach is a learning experience.

Danilo, all the really great insturctors I have had all remained lifelong learners themselves.

Michele Deck

I would want to see how others perceive how I instruct. It is hard for students to focus on material when there is just a monotone voice, for example, or repeating the same information that is on the power point.

I would like to make sure that I am providing instruction at A) a level that makes sense to a majority of the class, B) interesting to keep them involved in the lecture and C) fun enough to repeat to others, which helps encourage learning.

If a student teaches another what they learn, they will have a much better time retaining it. Little tidbits of knowledge help a student remember important pieces of information because they will want to share them with others.

Melannie,I like your point labeled "C" the best. Word of mouth and student interest and enthusiasm spreads the word.

Michele Deck

I keep my lectures brief with plenty of time for students to practice activities.

Lisa, this is a successful strategy for you I'm sure. The activity can reinforce, go deeper or teach in a different way.

Michele Deck

I think you can learn from yourself and others. I learn best when I make a mistake and fix it. There is alot to learn from students as well.

I like to go into other classes when able so I can always learn new things. And learn new ways of teaching.

Sign In to comment