Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Salina, applying learned concepts in a variety of ways teaches and reinforces critical thinking skills.

Michele Deck

I like the event cards, they provide critical-thinking scenarios

I have incorporated NCLEX and Fundamentals review as part of my pre and post-conference at clinical.

What I see with the current NCLEX exam is that a large portion of questions are based on concepts from Fundamentals, and they're all related to safety. Our students take Fundamentals in the first module but then take their NCLEX a year or more later.

To me, it makes sense to keep reviewing and reinforcing those basic concepts so students can pass their licensure exam on the first attempt.

Hudson

I like the event cards. They have been especially helpful in the ob rotation, when it may be slow.

Hudson, safety is a priority on NCLEX, so reinforcing it is essential.

Michele Deck

I do a skit involving the students where they have to dress up in costumes to mimic antibodies and antigens and they seem to love it.

Anita , this sounds both interesting and engaging.

Michele Deck

I have not used any of these, however if I were, event cards seems most applicable.

case studies are great and keep the student engaged by allowing them to come up with a treatment plan based on what they have learned up to that point. Makes it more realistic.

Sign In to comment