Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Impact on Students | Origin: ED148

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

ChatGPT and Its Educational Uses --> Impact on Students

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Students currently use it to help them create reviews. 

This module helped get me to a level where I could understand the student and their reactions

This section covered a lot of information on how students can use ChatGPT for their personal growth and knowledge acquisition. It could be anywhere from improving their writing skills, to get some ideas, to refine their language and nurturing their curiosity. The uses are plenty, but one should not use it as a subsitute tool for critical thinking. I plan to educate my students to use it based on what they need, but at the same time know the limitations associated with its use. 

AI is a great tool what about the ethic concers!

Sometimes it's the source that matters. Students may get tired of seeing me. I can teach concepts until I'm blue inthe face. ChatGPT might be the supplemental and refreshing resource students need to understand concepts.

I've learned that ChatGPT works by predicting likely responses based on patterns in its training data, which makes it a powerful tool for personalized learning but also means it has real limitations, like outdated information and the risk of encouraging over-reliance if used carelessly. I intend to apply this by using AI to create varied practice scenarios and writing prompts for my students, while still requiring them to work through their own reasoning first so their critical thinking stays sharp. One question I have is how other healthcare educators are balancing AI-assisted learning with maintaining strong clinical judgment skills, since that's such a core competency in our field.

This course provided detail inflrmation of the importance of AI in education.

I learned how students and instructors can take advantage of ChatGPT.  I'm excited to get started using ChatGPT as a resource in my classes and sharing with students how it may benefit them as well.  Setting guidelines for the use of AI will be important.

This module reminded me that learning is evolving, and as educators, we need to evolve with it. Rather than resisting new technologies, I think it's more valuable to understand their strengths and limitations so we can guide others in using them responsibly. Moving forward, I want to be more intentional about designing learning experiences that encourage curiosity, thoughtful questioning, and independent thinking, with AI serving as a support rather than the destination.

Chat and AI can be used to create study guides that are tailored to each individual student. There are lots of positive methods to empower students through the use of AI.

One strategy I plan to implement is having students use ChatGPT as a thinking partner rather than an answer generator. Instead of asking it to complete their work, I will encourage students to use AI to explain concepts, generate ideas, troubleshoot problems, and organize information. I want students to compare AI-generated responses with their own knowledge and determine what is accurate, useful, or missing. This approach helps develop critical thinking skills while still allowing students to benefit from the speed and accessibility of AI.

In Tool & Die, accuracy and judgment are critical. Just as students must verify dimensions and machine setups, they must also learn to verify information provided by AI. My goal is to teach students that AI is a tool to assist their learning, not replace their understanding.

AI can personalize learning, provide immediate feedback, and help students explore concepts in new ways.  At the same time, the importance of teaching students to think critically, verify information and use AI ethically is a crucial part of the use of AI. 

There are many advantages to the use of ChatGPT but it must always be used under a policy and guidelines established at the university to serve as a basis for the misuse of it by students.

There are many applications that ChatGPT can be used for.  Practice questions for exams, foreign language conversations, summarizing long articles or reports.  There are limitations to ChatGPT and there is no substitute for  one-to one teacher student contact.  It needs to be used together.

Hopefully, professional educators have explicit CT (critical thinking) training. I am catching on to the tone and style of the AI voice; this will help me when I am assessing student work.

It is important no to consider ChatGPT as the ideal all porpuse tool, but as a complement that have advantages and limitations.

El trabajar con chat gpt permite ahorrar tiempo que empleamos en calificar las actividades académicas, también podemos generar espacios de reflexión con nuestros estudiantes, de esa manera enganchar a los estudiantes con algún tema indicando que pueden utilizar todo tipo de información y de ser posible usen la IA para generar respuestas, y luego compararlas con las suyas de manera que se humanice dicha respuesta, recordemos que la IA carece de inteligencia emocional. 

Using AI as a study tool for students to help them gain more insight when either I am busy and can't answer their questions or they don't like asking me questions.

I learned that one of the most positive impacts of ChatGPT is its ability to support learning. Students can use it to understand complex concepts, and receive personalized explanations, solve problems and practice skills in subjects such as mathematics, science, language arts and history.

Sign In to comment