Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Impact on Teaching | Origin: ED148

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

ChatGPT and Its Educational Uses --> Impact on Teaching

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

The education will not be the same ever 

ChatGPT can facilitate access to a plethora of information, however there are no guarantees to correctness. The tool also tempts plagerism for those time challenged.

Students and teachers have to be well educated on the disadvantages, misuses, limitations, considerations, and facts about ChatGPT in order for them to use the tool (emphasis on "the tool") for rue, valuable learning outcomes. 

ChatGPT should be used cautiously. I think it could be easy for teachers and students to overuse ChatGPT, and, in my opinion, it is very important to instill critical thinking skills, which could potentially be lost with the overuse of ChatGPT.

it can free up some time for the instructors but also take away some student, instructor interaction.

Teachers and students should take full advantage of the benefits of the technology but should be aware of and correct for its shortcomings.

Old School / New School

Design lessons that incorporate ChatGPT and incorporate the use of technology. Design lessons without the use of any technology.  Make a balance of the teaching experience.  Have to keep in mind the teachers can overuse ChatGBT as well as the students.  Keep it professional!

he aprendido que el rol del profesor es clave para guiar en el uso del ChatGPT, anticipandose a situaciones inadecuadas como sesgos o informacion desactualizada, es importante el monitoreo y saber acoplar al ChatGPT al conocimiento que se va generando en el alumno

I have learned the benefits of AI but also the possible drawbacks from AI which may include plagiarism or the false assumption by the student that an instructor is not needed. Leaving a question of how does a faculty member know if a student is using AI solely in their submissions? 

This course has helped me to see some of the potential benefits of AI... I could certainly start using it to prepare for class and there are appropriate ways to use it in the classroom. However, I need additional time to warm up to the idea of using it regularly and I still have concerns with the technology. 

Open AI has been made available free of charge to help the entire population.

Positive of AI is the potential as a creative learning tool and the negative is the possibility of cognitive decline. 

I learned that ChatGPT has its pros and cons and could potentially lead to misinformation or out dated information.

Good and Bad

I have learned that I can use ChatGPT to help me to write more professional letters and emails for students. 

I must become more familiar with the use of ChatGPT by exploring it myself. I am already very strict with students concerning its use. 

To use critical thinking when using AI technology!

I would say that Chat GPT might end up making teachers and students very lazy in their teaching and their learning!

In this module, it presents me with the limitation and the impacts of misuses ChatGPT that can occur in the education field.

Sign In to comment