Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

When using language to explore culture, it's important to be respectful and sensitive to cultural differences. Avoid making assumptions or generalizations, and be open to learning from diverse perspectives.

Teachers need to respect students with their "mother tongue" accent and help them through learning process. They might have higher literacy skills than we can think of. 

This module helped me examine how I approach students who are ESL learners. I need to encourage students to continue to use their "mother tongue" as they learn English. 

This was informative regarding ESL and gave me idea's on how to utilize this in the classroom.

The linguistic code and framework of the mother tongue will help the student learn the new language more accurately. 

That when a student is multi lingual they are not only learning a new concept of what is being taught but learning it in the different languages too. 

You can't understand a culture without first learning a language.

Language is a reflection of culture and that is why it is so integral to the teaching environment. What you say and the language you use affects the classroom culture. 

having a respect for other people languages preferences, strenghts, and challenges can create a more supportive learning environment.

Understanding language and literacy is crucial for instructors teaching diverse groups because it enables effective communication and ensures all students can access and comprehend the material, regardless of their primary language.

Sign In to comment