Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The ability to inspire students to want to come to class. I try to bring allot of energy and be creative when designing lessons so that students look forward to coming to class.

I feel that the instructors I have had that were unique in presentation, energetic, challenging your thoughts, captured my attention and found positive things to say about my work were the best! -Lisa B

In my opinion, the most effective instructors I know are those who have a true concern for their students. I've seen instructors and teachers who are in it for the money or advancement. While they may obtain their ultimate objective of a fancy job, car, or boat, their students won't generally remember the instructor's name and, worst of all, the students will have been denied the instruction they deserve in the classroom. We don't need instructors like these at any level. Other than too many governmental regulations, these instructors who are motivated by something other than their students' best interests are the biggest detriment to educational achievement in the United States.

@PhilipCampbell

I agree with so many of these great points brought up, but one that I did not see is challenging each student to a higher level.  Of course, this has to be done in combination with so many of these other skills discussed like motivation, empathy, learning environment, etc., but getting the student regardless of what level they are to that next level has brought more smiles to their faces and self-esteem.  This has brought them to  truly believing that they were more capalble than they or others gave them credit for in the past.  

@PhilipCampbell@PhilipCampbell   

I believe one of the characteristics of an excellent teacher is being able to determine where their students are and beginning there. Meet them where they are and design an approach which helps them grow to their potential.

Sign In to comment