Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Having a positive attitude in the classroom. Show that you want to be there and enjoy what you are doing.Students can pick up negative emotion and they tend to then shut down.

This is very true. I find that my students try harder once we develop a good relationship. This takes away the thought of them being scared of the teacher. After all we are all human beings

devotion

Highly effective instructors are both approachable, knowledgeable, and manage their time well. students need to feel comfortable asking questions- learning in a non-threatening environment is key to effective classroom management, teaching, and learning.

Clearly defining course objectives, discuss how the objectives will be met and the work measured, and staying organized and on task.

Ophelia,
Yes we are. We don't want people scared in the classroom. Should be a safe place.
Philip Campbell

Susan,
There are so many, and yes enthusiasm is probably at the top.
Philip Campbell

Marybeth,
Students read us a lot easier than what we give them credit for.
Philip Campbell

Win,
Non-Threatening is the key. Keep up the good work.
Philip Campbell

David,
Clear expectations can help the students and the teachers.
Philip Campbell

In my opinion, the most important quality that an instructor should have is empathy. Students come from different backgrounds and may be at different levels of education. An effective instructor will empathize with these students and do his/her best to provide the necessary opportunities and resources to enhance their learning.

Having a positive attitude and not letting the situations outside the classroom be brought inside the classroom.

Aarti,
Empathy will go a long way with the students. They can tell when you do and when you do not care.
Philip Campbell

Denise,
That is a great example, and one that needs to be stressed even more. Also not the easiest thing to do.
Philip Campbell

The challenge I embrace most as a teacher is to inspire my students to be the best version of themselves in all they do. Their success is my success and through them I can influence the future and future lives for the better. Looking back, I see the essence of each stage of my life that has led to this outcome. The outcome here being the content I feel in my line of profession.
Overcoming the various obstacles that stood in my path during this journey has been worthwhile mainly because now I am part of the Monroe people at Career Training College (CTC). Earlier on I thought that the only way I could contribute significantly to the health sector was by becoming a physician myself. I am glad that this is not the reality of things and content with the way in which things have unraveled and led me to this destination in my professional career.

An ability to balance hard skills and work place skills. An ability to tell students about success in terms of soft skills and that hard skill will evolve as software and advances; but, their soft skills are and how they are maintained and practiced will allow them to progress in their field.

The passion and dedication to your field. I try to promote a high engery level teaching and love for the field of massage. I want all of my students to share in the passion and believe in thier skills to help others.

I think one important quality is to have fun with what you are teaching, and what the students are learning. In this way, the instructor always keeps the students' attention as well as their involvement. Another important quality is to remain optimistic and positive with the students in the classroom. Let them know that they are more than capable and more than able to accomplish the goals of learning, without worry.

I agree that a positive attitude is critical. I also think that providing a practical application to your lessons is very important in a Career College.

Steve,
Great feedback and points. Keep up the good work with your students.
Philip Campbell

Sign In to comment