Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Hobbies as a Stress Reducer

i believe can be anything, that has a positive and beneficial effect upon the person and those who express their concerns for us. We are all striving for longevity, along with good health and a sound mind. Frequent exercises that allows us to Relax and Release are always good.

If an activity you enjoy helps you to relax, then it would be a stress reliever for you. My husband and I both have private pilot's licenses. He flys to relax, while I find it stressing, so we compromise. He pilots the plane while I act as navigator/co-pilot and we both can enjoy the trip (as long as he goes where I tell him!!!)

Wow, what a great outlet Linda! Really different from what most instructors mention but fantastic!

hobbies are fun and it's a great tool to get away from the daily routine. when you find an activity that lets you unwind you find yourself with new energy and felling better about everything

Yes, Hobbies are a great way to get out of the daily routine, and help you de stress. The best type of hobbies in my opinion that can help you to de-steress are those that include some type of physical activity.

small stakes on line poker RULES!

Glad you have found this as an outlet Robert! Go with what works for you.

I agree with the posters that suggest a hobby that includes physical activity. These are the best stress reducers in my opinion. Just doing an activity online or reading a book or magazine put's the mind at ease but putting your body at ease is just as important. I like to ride a dirtbike for stress relief. It's a little tough to do on a daily basis, but every other weekend or so is certainly doable!
Steve

Hobbies are a great stress reducer. Mine is to take a long motorcycle ride. On weekends a 200 mile day trip sure takes the stress away. Once a year I do a long run of around 2,500 miles to places few take the time to go see. The problem with those 2,500 mile runs is one day I might not come back.

Ha! Well maybe one day close to retirement you can make that a reality Robert!

I ride back and forth to work on a motorcycle. It helps on a daily basis.

Wow, that's wonderful Craig. Sounds like you've found a way to incorporate a nice hobby into your daily work life.

I have two great hobbies one for the spring and summer when I going fishing on the weekends and forget the workplace and anything else thats on my mind. And for the fall and winter months there is nothing like the smell of wood in my workshop. It's my own little world and my wife understands so she doesn't even cause me stress. If you can accomplish the weekend get aways with time to unwind it helps as a stress releiver during the week because you have your hobbies to look forward to come the weekend. Goodluck to anyone looking for a hobby It's healthy.

Thanks for sharing Kenneth! Really love the way you have a few hobbies to flex with the changing seasons. This way, you always have an outlet and are not waiting several months to get back to reducing stress.

I think hobbies are a good stress reducer because it gets your mind off the task at hand. Besides, it helps create balance in the brain.

Whenever I am feeling stressed the multiple hobbies I have and my family seem to be the perfect remedy. I must say I hardly ever feel stressed from my current position.

Henry, Good to hear. Some instructors have found a perfect position - or that perfect way of managing it. They are the lucky ones for sure.

Dr. Melissa Read

Sign In to comment